cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect purchase

Highlighted
Husain A Member Since: Apr 3, 2020
1561 of 3,003

I'm trying to buy connects with my Paypal balance but it's not working. I  keep getting prompted to add a debit or credit card (which I don't have). I tried to email customer support but the button "Ask for Help" in the Help Center is not working either. Can someone help me please? I also tried adding Paypal as my billing method in my profile settings, and ran into the same problem...

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1562 of 3,003

Hi Husain, 

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Husain A Member Since: Apr 3, 2020
1563 of 3,003

Can I get around this problem by using Upwork balance to buy connects? I will have to invite a client to the platform but there's no other way as Paypal is the only payment method available to me. Really upset with this change. It just makes things harder than they need to be.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1564 of 3,003

Hi Husain,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with setting up your payment method. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Akshat J Member Since: Jun 5, 2019
1565 of 3,003

I am unable to buy connects, problem related to alternate payment method.

It doesnt send me to the paayment page.

Highlighted
1566 of 3,003

Hi Akshat, 

Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible. We'll come back here once we have more information.

Akshat J wrote:

I am unable to buy connects, problem related to alternate payment method.

It doesnt send me to the paayment page.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
1567 of 3,003

Hi Akshat, 

It looks like you were able to purchase Connects by updating your billing method. If you need further help with anything, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Shoaib A Member Since: Jul 3, 2019
1568 of 3,003

I wanna purchase connects through VISA card but payment is declined. Can someone help me why it happened?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1569 of 3,003

Hi Shoaib,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Faizan R Member Since: Apr 16, 2020
1570 of 3,003

Hello, I am from Pakistan. I am unable to buy connects with my local bank debit card. Kindly guide me how can i buy connects.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS