🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to Buy Connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
buriroshoaib_a41
Community Member

I wanna purchase connects through VISA card but payment is declined. Can someone help me why it happened?

Hi Shoaib,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
faizan97
Community Member

Hello, I am from Pakistan. I am unable to buy connects with my local bank debit card. Kindly guide me how can i buy connects.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faizan,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
maliksaad87
Community Member

Please help me. I want to buy connects but Upwork did not authorize the billing method. There is no issue from the bank, they told me when I call my on my bank helpline number. Please check it fast.

Hi Malik,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Sir, How are you? 

Sir why Upwork shows me this kind of message while I am setting my billing method as shown in the below attachment.

I want to buy connects but My billing method is unable to attach my card on Upwork.

I am from Pakistan and having MCB debit classic card.

Please tell me what I can do.

Hi Malik,

It looks like you already receved a support ticket from our team regarding this concern. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
elizondo_ramos
Community Member

Hello,

I am a new to Upwork and registered as a freelancer a few days ago.

I got 20 connects at first time but run out of almost of them so wanted to buy connects or to upgrade the membership.

I added the Paypal and debit card but it always says that charge failed.

That's weird, because I had paid other things with my Paypal account.

Please help me how I can fix that issues.

Thanks.

Carlos

Thank you for reaching out to us, Juan Carlos.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
maliksaad87
Community Member

i am having the same issue

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
kamal_sarmad
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to buy connects for my profile but unable to process transaction. Although payment method verified and also discuss this issue with my bank, they say everything good from their end.

Please check this issue and help me regarding this.

Regards,

Sarmad  Kamal

Hi Sarmad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
lilianlex
Community Member

I have problems with buying connects
when I enter all the data on my card and click the buy button, a blank page appears and nothing happens. What could be the problem?

Hi Aliaksandra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with  purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

charu1926
Community Member

I'm new to upwork, try to upgrade to plus accounts, but it decline. I already added Paypal accounts and payment method in it but its still decline with the below image.

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

and while choosing an alternative method it shows.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Can anybody let me know how to fix it!!!

Thanks 

Hi Charu,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with upgrading to our Plus plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching me and solved the issue, but could you tell me why I can't able to use my credit card while purchasing connects. I got this error. 

Why I can't use my debit or credit card. I have seen this error for more than 2 weeks. Let me know how to solve it.

Review New Membership Plan.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charu,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable for international
payments.

Some of the debit cards are not compatible with international payments.

You can get more details from the card issuing bank.

danial_rana
Community Member

I have tried to buy connects from my debit visa card. But upwork is not accepting that payment method. Kindly help me out to purchase connects. I'm from Pakistan. Let me know what's the way to buy connects. 
Thanks in advance. 

Hi Danial,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for purchasing connects. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
amiteshk
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects everytime after getting otp i land up at the buy coonects page with a message at top " tap add connects to continue" 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amitesh,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c_tikoo
Community Member

Hello there,

I am facing issue with my account. I have added the billing method but still not able to add connects on my profile. I have tried my different cards, paypal account but still not able to do it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chhaya,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c_tikoo
Community Member

Okay thanks. Also, now my billing method is PayPal but I have tried my different cards to add connects. But still wasn't done.

rmdesigners
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your time. My account is not live yet, Some of my clients say that, can you please tell me why its happen. Then the next problem is I can't able to buy connects using my

please find my attached file BAnk.png

Hi Rabad,

While your account was accepted, it looks like you made your profile private. Please consider changing your profile visibility I this suits your currents needs. 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects.

~ Bojan
Upwork
indiatestbook
Community Member

Hi, I have connected paypal account successfully and also have USD in it. Since its saying payment method failed, when I try to buy some connects. Please help. I have also tried to connect my International debit card, that also not accepted here on upwork, Why?

Hi Ashwani, 

I checked your account and would recommend that you add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork. Once done, please try purchasing Connects with your Paypal account again by adding it as a billing method to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear friend,

yash2906
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to purchase connects and trying to add bank details but getting errors.

Thanks

Hi Yash,

Please add one of our available Billing Methods. Once your billing method is active you should be able to purchase connects. I would also recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. If you`re still receiving the same error after this, let me know and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hasan_pro
Community Member

Hi, I want to buy connects. But I don't have own card (master/credit) to pay. Can I pay by adding any other people's card, if he allows me to do so?

Hi Hasan,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Oh yes my friend.
With the consent of the card owner, you may use the card to buy contents.

All the best.

mahmoud_esoliman
Community Member

How I can solve payment declined issue, I'm trying to upgrade to a plus membership, I added my MasterCard requirements and called my bank to make sure that online purchasing is verified and they are confirmed on that. but I still get declined message

do Upwork have a problem with a debit card? 

kindly waiting your reply and thanks in advance

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths