🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: payment was declined. update now ( Messag...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Mahmoud,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

thank you for your kind and support 

unfortunately, it still didn't work

I took your advice in consideration and did it, cleared caches and tried again but still not work

I called the Bank again and they said that they received the Transaction without CVV that's why it's declined

from my side, I'm sure that I added that number but when I received declined message. I go through updating billing method and found this field is Empty despite I'm 100% sure that I added

seems like it's not saved by default every time

please advice 

Hi Mahmoud,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,
1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
001vivekmane
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects by using my dad's card. But it is saying that payment method could not be processed choose an alternate payment method and in billing, it is saying payment declined. I am not understanding what should I do now.

Hi Vivek,

To learn more about our accepted billing method and how to add one, click Here. Once you`ve successfully added a billing method you should be able to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

001vivekmane
Community Member

I can't buy connects from India even if I have provided valid card information with the proper balance in the account.

Hi Vivek,

Are you receiving any errors on your end when you`re trying to purchase connects? I would also suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok I will check it out

Now my bank and everything is good . When I try to buy connects upwork redirects me to my banks page and after all the details bank redirects me back to upwork and it says  Select the Add Connects button to continue and there is no add connects button it bank only redirects me to buy connects page. So what should I do now.

Hi Vivek,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies first before retrying? If you are still unable to see the buy connects button, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I tried using different browser as well as clearing the cookies but it didn't work. The same problem is there. For your information I have atached an screenshot of the page which comes after getting redirected from bank.

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for letting me know, and I'm sorry that it is still not working. I shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket and will be assisting you directly.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I'm also facing the same problem when I try to buy the connects. Help me to resolve the issue.

Hi Sunil,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

I am also facing the same problem while buying connects. I have tried both methods of paying but it still is unable to make a payment.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Sushant,

Unfortunately, it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the payment. Regarding your PayPal account, please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your time

I have already set up my Debit card for international payments but it is still failing.

I have one question to ask. Do Upwork email ID and Paypal email ID should be same? Because, if this will be the case then my Upwork and PayPal email IDs are different.

Hi Sushant,

Yes, to use PayPal, your Upwork and PayPal accounts have to use the same email address and you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account. Please check this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
89306ab9
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I'm also facing the same problem when I try to buy the connects. Help me to resolve the issue.

Hi Nowpada,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

namaskaram sir i am santosh from India .i have an active PayPal account when I tried to buy connects while signing it from Paypal it again redirect to the normal login form to a local bank or Paypal account as.pleas help me 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nowpada,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet? You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
89306ab9
Community Member

as i came to know there is an issue for indians to connect Paypal .but at least why cant i use my mastercard in upwork 

please reply sir

Hi Nowpada, 

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet?

To check which payment source failed on your PayPal account, follow these steps:

-Go to the "Payments" tab and click on "Manage automatic payments."

-Click on the billing agreement associated with "Upwork Escrow Inc."

-Scroll to the bottom of the page and check what funding source is your backup.

-Update the backup source to a valid payment method and re-attempt the payment.

If the transaction fails again, the next step is to contact PayPal directly. Specifically, you will want to speak to a PayPal Tier 2 agent and ask why your transaction to Upwork was declined. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
89306ab9
Community Member

still i have an error mam

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nowpada,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

I hope this will be helpful.

najamuddin11
Community Member

Issue in adding billing method
I am adding mastercard in billing method and its showing me this error.

'We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.'

I have contacted my issued bank and there no problem with the card
riso_taylor
Community Member

I cannot buy connects. I have added two credit cards and neither works. I have contacted the companies and there is nothing wrong on my end. I have also used different browsers.

Hi Taylor,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
najamuddin11
Community Member

'You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add a credit card.'

I was unable to make transaction tried number of times, now its showing above error.

Hi Najam,

Once you add the credit card to your Upwork account as a billing method the two small verification charges will be placed on your credit card. The sum of those charges equals $10 and should appear in your credit card statement shortly after adding it. Then you can enter those amounts in the verification form in your Settings> Billing Methods and complete the verification. $10 will be refunded back to your credit card.

You can check this help article for more information about the verification process and contact your bank to check on the transaction.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
najamuddin11
Community Member

Hi, 

I am getting this error after trying to purchase the plus account. "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

kindly help to purchase membership plan.

Thanks

Hi Najam,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

9b2c72b2
Community Member

As I have used all my connects and now when I am going to buy more connect, the transaction of my account is not proceed. And it will happend to me last 7 days.

Please provide me the solution that how I gonna buy more connects

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths