🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Declined error
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
mustafash0099
Community Member

I tried to buy connects and thus gonna add billling method.

In "Add a billing method" page, it says "Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page." when I click "Credit or Debit Card". So I linked paypal.

After that, I tried to by connects. Then it says "Charge failed". In my paypal, there are money enough.

My questions:

- Why can I add credit or debit card?

- Why does it say "Charge failed" when I deposit money on paypal?

Hi Mustafa,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
carloslobo28
Community Member

Hi! I've associated my bank account with paypal, I've money in my bank account, I want to buy connects but I can't in that way, is that alright?

You can purchase connects through credit / debit card, your Upwork balance, or through Paypal. 

But Paypal option varies between users / countries. Please check with the support team.

https://www.upwork.com/ab/payments/deposit-methods

Here you can able to see the available options to purchase the connects. 

Thanks Ramesh! I mean I've no money on paypal, my bank account, with money, is associated with paypal to make the backup, hope you understand. I could do that way in the past with credit card but now is empty. I've my debit card also but is not accepted on Upwork. This is like a nightmare without connects I will no have even hope.

Hi Carlos,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
razamohsin880880
Community Member

Hi upwokr team,

hope you are doing well. i have added my billing method using master card. i am unable to buy connects. its showing error. Payment was declined.
kinldy help me. 

Hi Mohsin,

Could you please confirm with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? You can also try adding another Billing Method to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,

Yes i have confirmed by my banck. its enabled for international transcation. but i have faced same issue. 

Hi Mohsin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. 

Hi,

Your are doing well.

i have getting that issue while buying connects "Your payment could not be processed.". i am using mastercard.

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
6cb91756
Community Member

Hello,

When I try to add credit card as a billing mehtod, I'm getting the error - 

`Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page.` again and again.
Please let me know how to fix this issue.
Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ronald,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nehaprakashm
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects. It shows payment was declined.

How to solve this issue?

Hi Neha,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

Hi Neha
I was also facing this problem could you please login in incognito tab then buy connects it should work.

Thanks

mr-aqeelbahoo
Community Member

Whenever i buy connects after adding the primary billing method using bedt card.it occur error and the message is "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later" let you know that i have been waiting for 5 days to verify my billing method on upwork but the message is same.Could you please look at it.Thanks

Hi Aqueel,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan 
I have changed the browser and it worked.

Thanks

Dear friend,

e832781a
Community Member

Hi

I linked my verified PayPal account to my Upwork freelance profile, but whenever I try to make a purchase i.e Buy connects it shows a 'Charge Failed' Error. I've tried everything including profile verification but it's still not fixing up. Kindly help

Hi Arbab,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
zabihassan
Community Member

Hello there,

I want to buy connects on upwork but when I add my visa card details and click on Buy Connects there is an error message Payment was declined. Why is that and what is the solution for this issue?

Hi Zohaib,

Could you please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? You can also try adding another Billing Method to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Yes I have checked with my bank and everything is fine there. Please do it urgently. Thank you.

Thank you for the confirmation, Zohaib,

~ Goran
Upwork
hamxa666
Community Member

My card isn't working on upwork i have used it on other sites it works fine but here upowrk deducts 1 dollor and refunds it within seconds but it doesn't accepts the card when i am paying for membership.

Dear friend,

mfaisal3096
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later... I am facing this issue... Please Help

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am sorry to say this i have already tried all these.. it does't work.. Please check and resolve the issue i want to purchase connects... Thanks

Hi Mohammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aliaksei-kurski
Community Member

Nice to meet you! My name is Aliaksei from Minsk, Belarus. I tried to add a credit card to my account in order to purchase the connections, but there is an error that can't be solved by myself, so I am writing to you to solve it.

Please reply to me so that I can elaborate on what issue there is in it. Thanks.

Hi Aliaksei,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
zabihassan
Community Member

Hello there, When I add my credit card to buy connects and click on Buy connects button there comes an error "Payment Delined". I have checked with my bank and everything is fine on their end. I also tried using Payoneer card but still nothing happens. Please help me.

Hi Zohaib,

~ Goran
Upwork
iahmedsultan
Community Member

Hi,

I have a problem upgrading to freelancer plus. I've tried both PayPal and credit card.
P.S. my account is going through ID verification

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths