🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I can't buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Regarding your second question, you can find the “Get Help” button at the bottom of every help article and the search results page. You can also get help from our chatbot by clicking the “Chat with Support Bot” button found in the help center.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have added Billing Method to buy connects, but i am unable to buy connects because every time I am getting "Payment was declined". I am using MasterCard Debit Card. As i have searched i have found that may be my MasterCard card may need to be verified by Upwork, but i am unable to find any way to Verify it too. I need help on this issue,

Thank you

Hi Kaushik,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks 

I. Need similar help

I was able to use my card last week to buy connects and withdraw earnings. I'm trying to buy connects today however I'm receiving a "payment has declined" error due to my debit card. Any help from Upwork team?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruselle John,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with purchasing connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. I am using MasterCard.

Hi Mohamed,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible, and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran for your prompt response to this matter.

I'd like to buy connects today but I am also getting "Payment was declined". I am using Mastercard Debit Card. Please help.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi April,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I'm using VISA debit card for buying connects but its showing me an error 'Payment was declined' althogh I've contact to my bank and confirm the online transections are available.

Could you please help me on it

Hi Sohail,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue. My Payment Debit Card was declined. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gladys Virgin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I've tried many times but its not allowing me to pay through my visa debit card I have also tried it from my second bank account but still the same results. I've discussed the issue with the bank support but they are saying that everything is okay at their end could you please help me in this regard?

Hi Sohail,

A member of the team has reached out to you already with more information regarding this concern. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
siid189
Community Member

Same Issue, I am not able to use my credit card for purchasing connects

I have facing same problem with my account. I have already added two of my cards, but both are not working properly. Please help me out.

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sahil,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for purchasing connects. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I’m having the same problem. Any idea why it’s occurring?

Hi Farhat,

I checked your account and can confirm that your issuing bank declined the transaction. Kindly check this directly with your local bank for more information. In the meantime, you can add an alternative billing method and continue with the purchase.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have money in my credit card. But I can't connects. "Payment was declined." I saw this text. I have attempted several times but  I can't. How can I fix this problem?

Hi Sari,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your reply.

I have bought 10 connects yesterday.

But now I can't . 

How can I fix it? 

Thanks for your time.

Can I fix this problem? I can't still buy connects.

Can someone assist me? I can't still solve this problem.

Hi Sari,

One of our team members reached out to you, providing further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

hello i have the same issue

Hi Khaled,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

You'll be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Hi Talha,

The problem created here. Now your problem is solved or not. If your problem solved please guide me on how can I solve the problem need help.

Regard: Rehman

I have added Billing Method to buy connects, but i am unable to buy connects because every time it says "Payment was declined". I am using VISA Debit Card. As i have searched i have found that may be my VISA card may need to be verified by Upwork, but i am unable to find any way to Verify it too. I need help on this issue,

Thankyou

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shaista,

I'm sorry to hear about that. You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article and learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nexusberry
Community Member

Hi! I am facing an issue from somedays that my credit card is being disapproved when i used to purchased connects. I have confirmed that my international transaction has turn on. So, I think payment gateway has an issue with my account. I need to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Regards,

Muhammad Ajmal

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Looks like you removed your billing method. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to re-add your billing method and purchase connects using it.

Let us know if the issue persists

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
deepnk
Community Member

I have tried to buy connects and I got this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later" 

I have tried 12 times but I got the everytime same message.
I have tried PayPal also but the same thing. Still, Upwork payment methods showing me the same message.

What should I do now? how to pay for connects? is there any other way to buy more?

Hi Deep,

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist directly in adding a payment method and purchasing connects. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem.I tried several times to buy connects but evreytime this messege appear

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I can't either buy connects or even upgrade my memership.what can I do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths