🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment issue Please help
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Ahmed,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, could you please share the text of the error you`re receiving on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for your response. yes it displayed this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Thank you for the follow up, Ahmed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much, I appreciate the fast help.

Thank you very much, Goran. Someone did reach me yesterday and requested a screenshot. I sent it but there was no response till now. I appreciate your help.

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for following up. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much!!

aseemcu
Community Member

When I'm adding billing method, I'm getting error meassage

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Aseem, and Arbab,

Please check with your banks for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e832781a
Community Member

Hi. I recently tried to purchase some connects but unfortunately, I couldn't buy connects by any means. Previously, I tried to use PayPal but failed also. This time i decided to use CC but it showed same error. Kindly, Help me

anekeyajescah
Community Member

My payment method was declined while buying connects using my visa debit card. Kindly advise on the best way forward. Thanks

Hi Jescah,

Could you please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? You can also try adding another Billing Method to try and purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
adnan0003
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi,

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Facing this problen, Got that error when i go to buy connects.

1.Billing method is added.

2.I have rechecked bank. bank have allowed online payments already.

3.When i got this error my Bank notify me that One rupee is charged (everytime i try to make purchase).

5.I tried on 2nd computer (cashe and cookies already cleaned some people told me to).

4.If there is any problem then it has to be clear and specific.

Please can you help me to solve this issue..

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Adnan,

A member of the team has reached out to you already regarding this concern and is awaiting your response. You should be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes, the billing method is added.
My bank has allowed online payments.
1 rupee was charged three times when I made the purchase. but now when I
make the purchase it says that your bank doesn't authorize the transaction.
Yes I tried 2nd Computer with cleared cache and cookies.
I even tried a different bank. Don't know whats the problem.
also the ticket link is not working,
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usama,

You should be able to access the ticket directly here. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
16b7664c
Community Member

i am experiencing the same issue..please help me solve this

16b7664c
Community Member

Assalam o alaikum!!

Did you get any solution to this??bcz i am experiencing same problem. Bank cant solve this as they say your card is good for intl transactions..

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faheem,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am facing same problem..

trying to add my Visa Debit Card of Pakistani Bank in Billing Method. But it says  

We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank.

Please help me solve this

Thanks

marj012329
Community Member

hi,

i'm trying to buy connects. i have added billing method successfully, but it giving me same error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." 

can anyone help me?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marjorie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
buriroshoaib_a41
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to purchase connects. Everytime I try to purchase, it says that "Payment is declined" despite the fact that I have updated the card details many times.

Hi Shoaib,

Could you please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges, or try adding another billing method? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

buriroshoaib_a41
Community Member

I have set up my visa debit card many times. But I am unable to purchase connects, the payment is declined every time.

Hi Shoaib,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. In the meantime you can also try adding another billing method to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

anurag-aj
Community Member

I am facing issue to buy upwork connect. Also i am not getting any free connect since last month.

Can you please help me to fix this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Anurag,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lorshgroup
Community Member

I wanted to upgrade my member ship plan and for same I have successfully added 1 billing member (PayPal) in my profile. 

But while subscribing for paln it throwing an error message saying 'Your payment could not be processed" 

Please find the attached screen shot for the same. 

I have also tried with my VISA Credit Card but it's not adding to my billing method. 

Can any body please help me to understand why this happening. 
I am facing this issues from last 2-3 days.

UPwork ExceptionCapture.PNG.  

Hi Vijay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with upgrading to our Plus plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sajikunjan
Community Member

When I am trying to buy connects an error message is displayed. It says "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later". I had buyed connects using this same bank account earlier. But now it shows error. So i removed my payment option and re-added my debit card details and paypal details again. Also I removed cache and tried in new browser but still the same. Please find a way to fix it.

Hi Saji,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

Hello

I am a member of upwork community since 3 months. I used to buy new connects regularly. But now a days when i buy new connect there is a message appearing. "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.". We have tried to apply from another accounts too but the result was same. 

Pls help to solve this problem

with regards

Saji Kunjan

Hi Saji,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank You
cerebro2202
Community Member

I have read similar threads. I have cleared browser cache. Also tried different browsers. I have tried paypal and debit card option. I have also verified that international transactions is active on my card. Please help.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths