🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to Buy Pro Membership Payment Decl...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Sonali,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
99c840d4
Community Member

Hey There Upwork Team . I'm New to This platform and Trying to buy Connects From my debit card But each time i tried to make payment it say Use an Alternative Payment method your payment was declined. I have contacted my local bank and ask for their help and they told me everything is working fine from their side it is a website issue. Now i'm contacting you because i need Pro membership of upwork and upwork is not allowing me to buy from my card.Please help me to fix this issue or assist me how can i fix this issue. your help will be really appreciated Thanks .

Regards,
Umair Shafiq

It happened with me and with my husband also. Here is one solution i found for this:

Attach your card with paypal and then try to buy membership with paypal. 

I'm sure this will work for you as well. Thanks

Hi Umair,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a56d6dfb
Community Member

Hi, I tried to buy more connects but it's bringing up an error saying my card doesn't have enough digits AND the expiry dates are 'required' when I've already type them in.

Please advise. Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christopher,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5edf0391
Community Member

Upwork is declining my card even though its working on all other websites including App store. I tried generating a ticket but I was told that there is some issue with my bank. I confirmed from my bank but there is no issue at their end. As my card is working perfectly fine for all other transactions online. When ever I try to pay with my card the account gets suspended and a financial restriction is imposed. Kindly help me in this regard. I need to upgade to Plus membership to get more connects. Thank you

Hi Uzair,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ammuarif
Community Member

when i try to buy connect by adding billing method with my credit card, it says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".
What to do?

Hi Arif,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. In the meantime you can try adding another Billing method as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
333f2709
Community Member

Hi Im from india and I can't buy connects with my mastercard which is active & has balance, can you help me?

Hi Mandira,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? I would also recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2cbd4f5c
Community Member

I m receiving below message when I try to update billing method and buy connects through paypal.

Your account is limited. Please check your PayPal Account Overview page for information on how to resolve this problem.

Please help me to proceed further.

Hi Sujana,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dc3410d1
Community Member

I want to buy connects but the following issue occurred:

(Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page) I tried to reload page many times but the issue not resolved. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jibran,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bms76
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add Visa Debit Card as a billing method. I saw the following error: "We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
uniikart
Community Member

Hello,  good day!

I want to buy some connects to continue my freelance service here and find a job, but when I purchase like "10 connects for $1.50", there is a pop-up message says that,

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I was able to receive client payment but I can't use my card for payment to buy connects.

And when I click

"choose an alternate payment method"

and put my visa card and update it, it says

" Your Visa ending in **** has been saved successfully."

And then when I go back and buy connects it tells again

" Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

What is happening here?
Please fix this for me or clarify to me what is happening? Please I need to buy connects.

I really need a job. I have 1 connects left.. 😞

I hope you can help me. Thank you!

Hi Eunice,

Just to confirm, is your account enabled for international charges? If you`re not sure, please check with your bank. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aly-tanveer
Community Member

Ive been trying since 2 days but every time my payment was not processed when buying connects. what should i do??

Hi Tanveer,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I have a similar issue. I have been trying to buy connect for some days now but I keep getting this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later. I am sure the issue is not from my bank. In fact, I tried another card and but I got the same message.

Please help me. I really need to buy connect.

Thank you

Hi Zafrullah,

Our team will reach out to you as well and will assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
0557b6d5
Community Member

I have added my debit card billing method but the payment was declined.. How can i buy connects?I have already discussed each and everything with my bank but the problem still persists

Dear friend,

4c50bf76
Community Member

Why can't I buy Connect (payment method issue)

Your payment method was expired.

You should reconnect valid payment method with your account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashish and Uzma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
phiabells
Community Member

Hi, I was unable to buy connects on upwork. This statement appears:

Please help. Thanks

connects issue.png

Hi Japhia,

Please check with your bank if your account/card is enabled for international charges. In the meantime, you can also try adding another Billing Method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

m_umar-qayyum
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

Greetings from Umar. I'm trying to add a payment method and my visa card is eligible for online payments. Why every time I'm facing an error that we are not able to authorize your card.

Hi Umar,

~ Goran
Upwork
akash-awasthi
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I'm Akash and I am new Freelancer on Upwork. I have recently won a contract and just wanted to get more.

For doing that I must have to submit proposal and doing so I tried to purchase connects from debit card (indian bank which is globally known named as well) but it is getting failed again and again.

Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again. After OTP and all information added.

Later I have created a Paypal account to add as a billing method but still it is not processing. 
Charge Failed When using that method.

My paypal account was new and to make sure that I use a old one, I tried my brothers account to make payment but again it is showing while purchasing the connect "Charge Failed". However adding was not an issue it is accepting it but making payment is.

Let me know what is going wrong with this, do I have to perform some additional steps or may be it is because something with free and premium membership has to do.

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks

Hi Akash,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
juliane15
Community Member

Hi, I hope will someone help me.. Iam out of connects, and I want to buy connects using my bdo debit card but it says "Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions"..I dont have any card. And I already talked to bdo and everything is fine in their end.

Hi Juliane,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already purchased Connects. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ramkumar54
Community Member

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths