🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I m facing this problem please resolve it...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Karthik,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about the acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nil_h_24
Community Member

my payment was declined, I am using a discover international debit card

Hi Nilanjan,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
i_must4faa
Community Member

I am using a VISA debit card to pay for the connects but my payment was denied. What should i do?

Hi Muhammad,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
delwar_hossein
Community Member

I am a new freelancer in Upwork. Recently after updating their policy, Upwork will take cost ($.15) for New Connects. As a result, after some days, I finishded my old connects from my account. Now I have only 6 Connects in my account. But I want to buy some connects. I want to buy connects with my Bkash Accounts. I've tried so hard for buying some connects. Please help me to buy some connects.

Currently, I live in Bangladesh and I can't buy connects from Upwork and there are no perfect solution about this in this forum.

Thanks, I am eagerly waiting for your response.

Regards,

Md. Delwar Hossain

Hi Delwar,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
zainhadi97
Community Member

Hi, 

I am trying to add the billing method through my visa debit card, but it is showing "We are unable to authorize your card" 
Kindly plz help me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zain,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

nishajmbliss
Community Member

Hello... 

I am Nisha, I dont have credit card I have only debit card, which I have added in billing method and I have purchased connects two times. But when my menbership renewed it failed and when I have checked then I have seen Payment was declined. 

After that I have add again but when I purchase connect it shows payment was declined. After that I have used paypal then it also shows declined Please find attachement. 

Please help me I have only debit card. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Nisha,

Unfortunately, it looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please double check with your bank about this or add another billing method. Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet? You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok thanks for your revert I will check with my Bank. 

femialphonse
Community Member

Hi,

I am a basic memership free lancer. I tried many times to buy additional connects using paypal and Visa Card. but unfortunately showing technical issues.

So please do the needful to buy new connects as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards

Femi.Alphonse.

Hi Femi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello ,

But the solution given by mail not satisying.My visa card are working for other web sites...and paypal also.

Pls help me.

Thanks

Femi 

Hi Femi,

Please follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
0b76d0e5
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add Visa Card as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work

Hi Aqib,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

i have facing same issue
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aqib,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ellaga_pril
Community Member

How can I resolve "We are unable to authorize your card" but I have already bought connects before but now it's showing unable

Hi April,

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

callbucks
Community Member

Hello, Community.

i am trying to buy connects. my free connects are used. i am using my debit card to buy it but it wont let me buy it and my paypal account is already in limited condition. what to do? there is no way to contact customer support.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rituja,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

vertudesigns
Community Member

Hello Guys ,

I tried many times to buy extra connects and its showing failed transacation. Kindly do the need full to get the connection. I wish to know why upwork stops the distribution of free connects, especially such a pathetic pandemic situation.

Thanks and regards

Sreejith

Hi Sreejith,

All freelancers were moved to paid connects a year ago. To read more about this, check out our blog post Here

One of our team members will also reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
xandrabacuetes
Community Member

Hi, can you confirm if you charge our debit card after we enroll it in the billing method? Just tonight, I enrolled my debit card so I can buy additional connects. However, a prompt appeared saying "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later". When I checked my card, I found out I was deducted twice with the same amount ($2 total deduction). It's a small amount, I know, but I need to know why I was charged.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Xandra Ivee Marie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to advise you regarding your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I have same errors

Hi Maria,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
iqrasaeed1
Community Member

I have added my master card in order to buy connects and it is added but then it says that your payment could not be processed. Please tell what should i do that. I am facing this issue from 3-4 days and i have added different cards also but i am facing same issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iqra,

Unfortunately, it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up correctly and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a7536956
Community Member

i can't buy connect with my debit card, my card is being rejected 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ganiyu,

The charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a7536956
Community Member

Thanks I have been able to sort it out

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths