🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Your payment could not be processed. Plea...
Page options
shanetha
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

After trying to making the payment for membership plan, I' getting this message, Please help in subscribing membership plan

94 REPLIES 94
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aneetha,

If your trying to upgrade on our Plus membership plan you will need to add a billing method that we can charge you for the monthly fee.
To learn more about what billing methods are accepted check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran

I am also facing same problem form last 2 days
I have attached billing methods but unable to upgrade my membership and everytime i got his message
"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Hi Bilal,

I've checked your account and there was no billing method added. Check this helpful article on how to Add a Billing Method and what methods are accepted.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi all,

I have the same error, I tried with many caredit card, and the balance, and alwayes I have same message :

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Please, don't tell me I have no credit in my count, I'm sure about this point. 

Why didn't work ? 

please can somone check with me what happen? why I can't activate my account ? 

Thanks.

I have the same issue i put correct information and also i wait for 3,4 days but it shows the same message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."kindly help to purchase membership plan."thanks

Hi Waqas,

In order for our team to be able to verify your payment method, your Upwork name needs to match your account name. Please keep in mind that your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name as well. To learn more about our accepted payment methods and how to add one check out this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I experienced the same issue. I tried 3 debit cards but its all the same. I also aligned the name of my upwork and bank account but still no chance
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Norman,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ghostzkie
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

I am starting an agency, Currently I am trying to pay for the agency fee. But my billing method is being declined. I contacted my bank they said also there was no problem on my account. I am also using my account to get buy connects here with no problem. And it is already added as a billing method.

Hi Aston Jon,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you very much, I hope this can be solved soon

I am having the same issues. I am trying to buy connects but I keep getting the same error

Hi Caleb,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have tired with my 3 cards I'm also having the same problem please help me with that... 

Hi Tareq,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ab_mannan
Community Member

I have tried everything but unable to upgrade my membership. I am an old user and now wanted to resume again. Added the payment method, aligned name as well but still seeing this error. Unable to create the ticket as well as can only see My Requests and not an option to create new.

Kindly help me resolve this asap. No option to talk/chat to customer support as there is one weired bot chat that I can see.

Looking forward. 
Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Abdul.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
expert_47
Community Member

Hi upwork

I am trying to add my master card for buying the connects but upwork is not allowing me

Can you please look into this?

Regards 
Mohsin.

Hi Mohsin,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi 

Thanks for your quick response. 

I have called the bank and they said your card is available for international use

Thanks for following up, Mohsin! Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have contacted my bank they said everything is okay from thier side and I have also aligned my Upwork name with my bank account name but still this error remains "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later"

Please resolve this soon, I really need to buy connects and continue working.

Hi Syed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

didiyou solve your problem? I have also the same issue.

Pls reply

Saji Kunjan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saji,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 
I am facing the same issue with my payment method. Tried it multiple times.

Hi Eman,

I checked your account, and the decline error was from your bank. Please reach out to them so that they can assist you further with this. You might also want to use a different billing method instead. Please check out this help article for more information on the accepted billing methods. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I am facing the same issue. The name on card and account are same. I have been trying to get help from the last whole week but the reponse person always blames my bank whereas I am sure that my bank has nothing to do with this. I am able to make all kinds of payments from this card, just not on Upwork. To double check I did call my bank and they said the same thing that this error is not on their side.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanseer,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9d6e3bf3
Community Member

Hello! 

I am activating for a membership plan and getting the same error. Don't  know why and not know what to with this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samreen,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

same issue 
Your payment could not be processed

Hi Jain,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have also issue like that while i am purchasing connect

Hi Umair,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have tried with my 3 cards but the same problem happens. I talk to my bank and they have opened my transaction. But I can not make a payment please help me out !!!

Hi Tareq,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.
I am facing this problem since last week and also confirm that no issue from my bank. kindly resolve my problem 

Hi Fiza,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths