🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not able to buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
das_mou
Community Member

I am Unable to Buy Connects. After entering all the bank details the information is showing "Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again."

PLEASE HELP.

Hi Mouboni,

You need to check with your bank for more information on this. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Sir, I have read the article. I am using VISA card. Still it is happening. I am trying for around one week for now. Infact I am unable to pay through Paypal. It is constantly showing "Your bank is unable to verify your information".

I have also contacted my bank. They are clueless about this problem because I am able to pay in other sites except here. Please Help.

Hi Mouboni,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
umairzafar46
Community Member

Hy

I am trying to purchase connects from last 2 to 3 months again and again but my master card is rejected again and again previously with the same card I purchased connects but now it's not working and I am facing a problem to work at Upwork.

Can i get help please?

Hi Umair,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
femialphonse
Community Member

Hi, 

As per the instruction given by up work experts , I contact the Bank in which I have a visa card to know why I can't buy connects with that .Unfortunately they inform that I do upgrade my visa card to buy connects and it will take time in this lock down situation.

Then I tried my paypal account too, that is also showing error. I have completed about  50 projects from this platfom and I love this site,  now afraid that how I solve this problem. 

Usually I with hold small amount of money in upwork for buying or upgradation purpose.but recenetly upwork sent all money to bank regards to Covid 19 to assist us.

Please do the needful. Hope! I can do work through up work soon and survive in this pandamic situation..

kindest Regards 

Femi.Alphonse

Hi Femi,

Did you use your Card for online shopping on any other website?

Is your card activate for online purchasing or not?

Hi Femi,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shanzay-usmani
Community Member

"We only accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, and Discover"

Whenever I tried the billing method. It comes on screen but I want to pay from the debit card.

Hi Shanzay,

I checked and it seems that you didn't add any billing method so far. Could you please send us more information about the billing method you are trying to add so that we can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
quen0209
Community Member

Hello im new to upwork. Ill be trying to link my bank account in here but it say. It was invalid account.i fill in all the information in neededbut still decline, and also i try my paypal but it goes with the same issue.

Hi Queenie,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
manish_palawat
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects as i already added trust paypal account to billing methods. Everytime when i want to buy connects , i got a message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."
Also there is problem when i add my debit card info.Its not accepted.

Hi Manish,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

HI Goran V,
My account credit with connects from your customer support (Thanks for this) but i am still not able to buy connects.
When and where your team members help me ? I want to buy membership please help me out. 

Hi Manish,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team has reached out to you regarding your concern with purchasing connects. Please refer to the information they shared with you on your ticket number: 28875045. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gulam2275
Community Member

Hello,

Am new on upwork community, Am unable to buy more connects when i try to buy them i get an error again & again which states that "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I have added only one payment option and it is selected as a primary method, still am unable to buy the connects.

I have tried using paypal also but unable to get more conects.

Thanks !!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gulam,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also facing the same problem. How we can solve it??? Please let me know if anyone has a solution to the payment declined.

Hi Manjeet,

Could you please confirm with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? In the meantime you can also try to add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
leotriggered
Community Member

Hi team Upwork, I want to buy connects, But I am not able to buy it from a debit card. is debit cards are not allowed to buy connects. My Debit has only a first name. I tried it by adding Mr. as first name and Mohit as the last name and did not work, I also tried adding Mohit Mohit two times and this also not work

Hi Mohit,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

viniiiit
Community Member

when i m adding connects i m getting an issue Select the "Add Connects" button to continue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vinit,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am facing the same issue regarding buying the connect.The message has been shown like '

Select the "Add Connects" button to continue.' I have also tried by clearing the cache and also i change the browser as well.But still facing the same issue.

Hi Sohil,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already followed up on your support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

When i can expect the response? Now when i check the billing methods details then it showns "Charge Failed" error as well before that it shows card successfully accepted.

Hello 

All,

I have setup the paypal method for payment.
But it is throwing error for payment charge failed.

I have stuck in this problem since a week.
can anyone help me out what's the problem here.

Regards, 
Amit

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Amitkumar,

Just to confirm, are you trying to purchase connects? If yes, you will need to add your PayPal account a billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Sohil,

I can see that you`re already communicating with our team via ticket. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
perfectbluee
Community Member

Hello good day. Why I cannot buy connects using my mastercard. I have enough balance in my card but it always "Your payment could not be processed". I try both my card and still the same. Thank you

Hi Allan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
mohinderm8
Community Member

Hi Mohinder,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. As for your debit card, you need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined.

Feel free to check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
freelancermdah
Community Member

Dear Sir,
I have Payoneer MasterCard expired last year. Now, I have to renew it with $100 funded in my account. So, now how to buy connects to apply to more jobs? I only have PayPal to do this thing.Could you please help me buy connects using my PayPal account?
Thank you and kind regards.
Anwar Hossain

Hi Md Anwar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You should be able to use PayPal to purchase Connects, but please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used. Please take a look at the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

In order to purchase Connects, you should add a billing method and after that, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a-suraj
Community Member

I am not able to buy Connect. From PayPal and also from our card. Please help us The bank is telling everything right. At the same time, we are able to make payments from the card to another place. help please
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths