🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: VISA card detection from upwork
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

I checked that also, now it is showing that you have exceeded maximum number of attempt for adding payment

Hi Yash,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. Feel free to follow up on your ticket with any additional questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shoaibi9876
Community Member

Same old **bleep** !!!

It's been a week calling the bank and everything is okay from my side but still Upwork is declining my visa debit card!

I tried to use another MasterCard and it was declined too!

What is wrong ? I can't buy connects! I am wasting my time nothing else...

I am soo pissed off of this 

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ameenmh969
Community Member

I am new to upwork. So i submitted my design projects and all in upwork profile. After that i had applied to many jobs and my connects are finished. When i tried to purchase more connects from upwork, i could not do it through my debit card or Paypal. Is there any other options or could please check with these connect purchase issue?

ThankYou

Hi Mohammed,

This will depend on your location but all freelancers can purchase connects with a prepaid card or a credit card. To learn more about our available billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Muhammed ,

First  you contact the bank officials and confirm whether your card support international payment or not.

May be you must upgrade your card or put on the foreign transcation byan sms after buying connects you can put off this serivice on your card.

It will work sure!

Best Regards

Femi

cayashbhutada
Community Member

Hello,

Earlier I was trying for add my billing method, so it showing that we unable to authorize your billing method choose alternative billing method or contanct your issuing bank. I have contact my bank, there is no such issue from bank. So I tried it many times. Now it is showing that you have exceeded maximum number of attempt to add card. 

Kindly help me as soon as possible.

Hi Yash,

Just to confirm, are you trying to add a method from our list here? Also, did your bank confirmed that your account is enabled for international charges as well? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I confirmed from Bank that it is International Card. Actually, I am using it since two months, I have just remove that card due to personal reasons now again I am trying to add it, it is not allowing.

Hi Yash,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

hardik2082
Community Member

I try to buy connects but one error face every time and error is `Payment was declined`.

Please provide this solution as soon as possible.

Thanks.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hardik,

Unfortunately, it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the payment.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks
aksurti
Community Member

hello,

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

Hi Alpesh,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

imsaadi
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to add my payment method (VISA Card) but it keeps getting declined. I've already contacted my bank and they say there's not a problem from their end. Please suggest me a solution as I want to buy Connects.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Saad,

Just to confirm, did your bank confirmed if your account is enabled for international charges? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi yes. They confirmed that card can be used for international transactions.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Saad,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi yes, the bank confirmed that it was enabled for international
transactions. I also purchased some applications from Google Play through
this card.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saad,

It looks like our team has already provided more information regarding your concern via this support ticket. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
yadwindra
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

thats the issue??

Hi Yadwindra,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. You can also add another billing method to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i already contact to my bank but they ask that everything ok from there side means international charges already enabled
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yadwindra,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sobiyahfarooq
Community Member

hi, 

I am a newbiw for two months, I am trying to buy  connects every other second day but got the same error message 'we cannot proceed at the time, please try again'. I have confirmed from bank there is no issue from my side. 

When I entered my VISA credit card number, upwork detects  it as mastercard and then error message  comes.

Please help to solve this issue asap.

Thanks

All Visa's start with 5, all MasterCards start with 5

You don't need any special software to detect anything other than the first digit.

If the card number is entered correctly, then it should identify it correctly.

BTW, Amex starts with 3 and Discover starts with 6

he  sccenario is:
I have VISA credit card and   enter correctly but upwork changes th card icon to mastercard.

and then I get the error message. 

What should I do?

Hi Sobiah,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
137f3631
Community Member

Hey, 

I am facing issue to buy connects using a debit card and it saying that billing method issue.

please help me with this.

thank you

Hi Tushar,

Could you please share the error you`re receiving on your end? I would also suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or
contact your issuing bank."
this was the msg

Hi Tushar,

Please check with your bank if there are any issues and if your account is enabled for international charges. You can also try to add another billing method and purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

I hope this will be helpful.

aksurti
Community Member

I have a verified paypal account, which is linked to my upwork account when Upwork tried to charge it says on the upwork page "charge failed".

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths