🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I can not buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alpesh,

Just to clarify, do you have a credit/debit card connected to your PayPal wallet? Your card will need to be enabled for international charges as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello

Yes i added my debit card to my paypal account already. My card is an enable for international charges also.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alpesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kashmal
Community Member

I got the error : "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." when I tried to add my billing method. If anyone can help me to resolve the issue ? Thanks in advance !

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kashmal,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kashmal
Community Member

Im facing the same issue again. I tried to add biling method from another brower

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kashmal,

I would recommend adding another billing method, or checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
haxxan58
Community Member

I want to buy connects by my MasterCard account, but payment has not proceeded.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dream_designers
Community Member

i try to buy connects but the same messages appears everytime. Kindly help me out and solve the issue.

TIA

Hi Mandeep,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or trying to purchase connects with another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

amjad_nimra
Community Member

'"""Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."""" This statement comes every time whenever i try to add my master card actually i wanna purchase the membership plan but they said the payment method is not authorized...i have purchase the connects one time but after that time i am unable to purchase again so help me to fix this problem

Hi Nimra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

70a26361
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I hope you are fine and doing well. I have an issue when I buy connects and use my visa card which is compatible with woo-commerce. It shows the payment method declines. I contact to the concerned bank they said that there is no issue in visa card and account. How I can fix this and buy connects.

Best Regards;

shannonpevans
Community Member

Hi There,

I am having trouble buying more connects. I have tried explorer, chrome, different credit cards. The page just goes blank. Can someone please contact me to process the payment for more connects?

Thanks, Shannon 

Hi Shannon,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with purchasing connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
saad2179345
Community Member

Hi there! I'm new to Upwork. It's a wonderful freelance site with professionalism in every corner.

However, in order to buy connects, I had to add my MasterCard. I did that and it was shown the following error:

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

I'll be very thankful if someone were to assist me out of this situation so that I can start bidding in no time. Thanks.

Hi Saad,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9588749
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects since a few days now and also to upgrade my profile to 'Plus' but payment keeps showing as failed and suggests to update payment method even though I have updated it several times. Each time my primary payment method (local bank transfer) is successfully verified but again when I try to buy connects, it shows the same message.

Before this, all my connects buying activities went smooth and there was no disruption in the process of payment withdrawal etc. 

Please guide me how can I buy connects and fix this problem? Due to this, I am unable to bid on projects. 

I would really appreciate any help regarding this. Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Habiba,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9588749
Community Member

Thank you Bojan!

I will be looking forward to hear from Upwork agent in this regard.

b9588749
Community Member

Can you please confirm if I can use a Credit Card for payment method which is active on the name of one of my parents?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Habiba,

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, the Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

b3cc2ca8
Community Member

Hello, team Upwork, 

I've added my MasterCard into the account and tried to buy a connects from it but getting error of unable to buy connects, payment was declined. 

Please look into it and tell me what is the issue.

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Muhammad.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a_wicaksana
Community Member

Hello staff

i want to ask about problem when i want to buy some connects, why there is say charge is failed but i believe my balance on my card is enough to buy some connects, before this time i can buy connects with this card without any problem but nowadays i can't do that, please help me.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Alfattah Bima,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with purchasing connects. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
m_mbaruk
Community Member

Hello there,

Need some help. I am new to the platform so maybe there's something I don't quite get.

Been trying to add a billing method so I can purchase some connects but everytime the system informs me that it cannot authorise the attempt.

I am using a visa card and i just don't understand what is it am doing wrong.

I've read the help articles but they don't seem to help!

Hi Mohamed,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges, or adding another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

boweyajunior
Community Member

Hi. 

I have a problem.

Today, I requested the payment of my available earnings to my usual payment method - payoneer Mastercard - as always...

But it hasn't been processed; I get a payment declined on the billing and payments page.

My available earnings is now $00, but nothing went to my payoneer accound.

I wonder where the problem is?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Junior,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you

sandeepawasti
Community Member

I have tried to buy connects and I got this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later" 

I have tried a lotof  times with different debit cards even with a credit card but I got the everytime same message.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sandeep.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with purchasing connects. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
2142ed7c
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects using my debit card. Yes my card has the international payment option on and I do have sufficent funds in my bank account. Still I am not able to buy connects.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths