🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm facing this problem while adding connects...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
00b94771
Community Member

I cant buy connects. tried various cards of different banks and even paypal. Nothing works. What should I do?

Hi Joel, and Kamaljit,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Please check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Joel, regarding PayPal, please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used to purchase Connects. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c6e0e421
Community Member

Hi There, 

My name is Rahar.

I kow this is a classic problem but I still can't solve it. 

I alreay added a debit card to my billing method and looks like it don't work.
Always says "charge failed" whereas in previous transaction this can be done, I don't know what is wrong.

Please help, thank you !

Hi Raharsetya,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aksurti
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I added my mastercard (debit card) in my billing method. I click on buy connects button and I redirect to my bank page for OTP and i received OTP . When i added my OTP now I'm facing this problem while adding connects>> Select the "Add Connects" button to continue.

tunlary
Community Member

Probably you didn't load your prepaid with funds.

Fund your card and retry.

dream_designers
Community Member

Hi. I recently tried to buy connects through my master card. However ended up with message something like, use alternate method or try later. By reading some posts I found that same issue existed with other users as well.

Hi Mandeep,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f9d6c0ad
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects. I did purchase earlier and i have a verified billing method too but still its not happening. Please suggest

Me too. I wanted to avail the Freelancing Membership but this keeps on showing my screen
"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

My billing method has also been verified. I've been trying to avail the membership for almost 2 days.

Is there anything else I can do besides adding an alternate payment method?

Hi Mary,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. In the mean time you can also try to add another billing method as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for getting back to me.

I only have 1 Bank Account and no credit card. Is it ok to use my husband’s
credit card to purchase upwork’s membership? Or it will be taken against me?

Hi Mary,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Pramod,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
counter
Community Member

i am using my visa card to buy some connects.my card is working online with every website but not here.and gives this error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".kindly look into this asap.Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nihal,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the billing methods available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
counter
Community Member

same error occurs even after clearing cache cookies everything.first time i clear my cache and went to billing method page and when i click add metod button, it appears!!!! 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nihal,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aftab710
Community Member

I am also having the same problem i tried a visa debit card, a discover card and a PayPal account still i can't buy connects. Please can someone help me out.

Hi Aftab,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with  purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
183afe05
Community Member

i can not buy connects i recetly added my payment meathod and iam from pakistan.

i need to buy connects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Husnain,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
counter
Community Member

its been two days im having this issue, kindly fix this is issue asap.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nihal,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. You should be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
183afe05
Community Member

i have tried using this link and also clearing cache but didnt work and i also tried on other browserbut also the error came up i am facing this error from the last 2 days

0409noman
Community Member

Greetings,

I am unable to purchase connects through my visa debit card. Whenver I try to purchase, it says that payment declined.

The international transaction service is active on my card.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nadeem_thereds
Community Member

i am not able to buy connect .while buying connect i get a message saying ' select the add connects button to continue' .

Hi Nadeem,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

rahul3333
Community Member

I have added my debit visa card to billing mathod,

but still unable to purchase pro mamber plan and also facing issue in purchasing connects.

I'm using visa debit card.

Please help me in this regards, so that I may be able to purchase the connects or upgrade membership plan.

Thanks you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Kind regards,
Rahul Patnayak 🙂

Hi Rahul,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your precious suggestions.

But i have also tried this technique to solve mybissy but still

Facing unable to purchase mambey plan.

Thank you for your precious suggestions.

But i have also tried this technique to solve my issue but still iam unable to  purchase pro mamber plan.

Hi Rahul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

there are no need to add ticket?

and how much time it will take to fix this issue ?

Hi Rahul,

Please refer to the information our team shared with you on your ticket Here. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Why upwork not sending OTP for any transaction ?

That is main reason 

For payment decline

Hi Rahul,

I checked and it seems that the specific charge was declined by the bank. Please follow up with them for more information. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
0409noman
Community Member

I am also facing the same issue and now I can see here that many freelancers are facing this issue. However, the issue is not resolved yet? Please look into this matter urgently.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths