🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Your payment could not be processed. Plea...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruth,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

pls i am having the same issue, i cant purchase new connect.

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Pls I want remove payoneer account from my preferred payment method

Hi Onyeka,

Please reach out to Payoneer support first so that they can disassociate the existing Payoneer account from Upwork. You will receive a confirmation email when it has been done. Please get back to us after receiving the confirmation email from Payoneer so that we can assist you further on our end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
u616507
Community Member

Hello i tried introducing one of my clients from outside the upwork platform, to start using the upwork platforms to pay me and go about our different contract process, as i know upwork is one of the safest place for freelancers and clients to work securely.

After she agreed, and created her client account, she then tried sending me a contract to begin work, but as she tried setting up her payment method, upwork kept rejecting her credit card, telling her "this card was not processed.....".  

Please look into this issue, as she is begining to loose patience with the platform, and this after you shut down direct contract to the United States, which has made it difficult for us to work.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Temitope,

It looks like you have a support ticket with our team about this case. Please consider following up on your ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

i have tried a different browser and even clear my cookies but result is same. i even re entered my card info and log out from my account too but nothing seems to be working right now. please tell me what should i do now

poylocsin
Community Member

Hi, Can you help me? I can't buy connects. I've tried paypal and credit card but upwork won't accept it. what are my other options? 

Hi Alain,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
05dafb7a
Community Member

I try again with using different Browser and clear cookies and all that. Still facing the same issue. Can't able to buy my connects till now. Kindly resolve the issue for this problem.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jose and Saksham,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with adding your billing methods. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

facing same problem I have tried to buy connects and I got this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later"

I have tried 20 times but I got the everytime same message.

I have tried both with the Visa card and the PayPal option but both are not working

Hi Rajnish,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
0edf7cc8
Community Member

I am also facing the same issue. I am using a Visa card and the International transaction is 'ON' on my card. 

Dear concerned people,

I am using a Visa card and the international transaction is "ON" on my card. But upward is declining my payment. I have tried several times but the issue is not resolved. 

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your card as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0edf7cc8
Community Member

I called my bank. They said Upwork is saving your account details and their bank can not allow transactions where their customers' details are saved. What should I do?

0edf7cc8
Community Member

Can i use someone else card to buy connects/membership plan? The person is
authorizing me
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I tried again and again but it shows the same text "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".

Hi

I am also keep getting this error on my visa(debit) card.

The international Transaction is also enabled from my Bank.

Hi Fahad,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Sir, I also adding my MasterCard to billing method, but it shows we can't authorize your card. I am adding same card as I added in GET PAID. I have 0 connects.

ankushdhiman75
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

why this error come in my screen when i purchase the bids can you please tell me how can i solve this 
thanks

Hi Ankush,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hı Goran, I have the same issue, I would like to talk to a team member of Upwork as well about this issue. 

Hi Ugur,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having same issues. Please reoslve. I tried varous cards even paypal 

please reply my question thanks 

Hi Ankush,

Could you please try to follow the instruction shared within this support ticket. Please consider following up on that ticket and kindly communicate with our team further if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
352c06b7
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue. My billing method is cleared but I cannot upgrade to Upwork plus.

Hi Mowahhid,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I have contacted my bank. There is no issue from them and I usually make international payments.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mowahhid,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your bank to check about this specific charge being declined and feel free to add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
352c06b7
Community Member

Hi, I don't have an alternate method available. I have contacted my bank for the second time and have confirmed from them that there is no issue from there end. Kindly help me solve this issue. I have to buy connects.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mowahhid,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for purchasing connects.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

viswa_yes
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths