🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork shows we are unable to authorize y...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Kirtan,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with purchasing Connects. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
singhabhishek50
Community Member

Hello

We are unable to authorize your card.

I'm getting this error onadding billing method. My bank account and card is okay but don't know why this error is coming. Please help

Hi ABHISHEK,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ranaprashant
Community Member

I am from India. I want to buy a bid because I have zero bid in my account. I am having a credit card of HDFC bank which is international. Also, I am having Paypal where another Debit card is International both are not working. Every time it shows me "Fail Transaction". So what can I do now? Please must help me. I am getting this from last six months. I had tried all the things. Also, my profile is 100% complete.

Hi Prashant, 

I checked your account and can see that your Paypal transaction was declined. You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork.

As for the card you used, the bank declined the transaction which is why the payment wasn't processed. Kindly check the specific decline with your bank so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
johnny005
Community Member

Still have the problem,unable to solve it

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Johnny,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

You'll be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pritpal16
Community Member

Hello Team, 

I am trying to "Add billing method" from last 5 day and not able to "Add billing Method"

I want to buy some connects to bid on new projects but not able to play anyway

upwork redirect me to error page with error details :
Error 500 (A)
Trace ID: 5b98858b4f0f6989-BOM

please help needful

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pritpal,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
manishshan
Community Member

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manish, 

I looked into this for you and I can confirm that the transaction was declined by your bank. Kindly check this specific charge decline with your bank for more information. In the meantime, feel free to add a different billing method to be able to buy Connects for your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear friend,

kamon-roy
Community Member

I can not buy connects using the PayPal method. Though it was working fine. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kamon,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
swatifauzdar
Community Member

I want to buy upwork connects . for that I need to add payment method but there is an issue when I add my payment method plz help

Hi Swati,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
porwal-reena
Community Member

Hello Team,

Greetings for the day!!

As I am facing issue from yesterday that my both cards (debit & credit) are not authorised to do payment. Kindly check the issue and let me know ASAP.

Regards

Reena P.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Reena,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
coderjin
Community Member

I am not able to add billing method with the card

it shows me this error message

"Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again."

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ginid,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mdib12345
Community Member

Actuallt i had tried so many times to buy connects but it shows simply declined or try in other billing method , can you check my account why the payment is not working for buying connects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammed,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
iyer-ramesh
Community Member

Hello Team,

I am unable to buy connects. Everytime it is showing Try an alternate payment option.

My account is already verified and i have already received one payment from my client.

Please suggest for buying connects.

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your card as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Recurring transaction in my card is not possible. My card is debit card.

Please suggest alternate option.

Regards,

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

You can use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
khawajasajid
Community Member

Hi i have purhased the connects and i didnt recieve the connects. the payment is deducted from my card but i didnt recieve the connect. can you please check.

Hi Khawaja,

~ Bojan
Upwork
jemocampo
Community Member

Hi! 

I was trying to figure out how can I reach support?  I have tried purchasing connects last July 28 but site says error and can't process at the time. Only to find out that I have been charged multiple times and I need a refund. No connects has been added to my account as well. 

Can someone help please?  Thanks! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeremie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bilaljan48
Community Member

Upwork is not authorizing my card when I add my information to the Billing method. I have zero connects. I added the same card as I added in GET PAID.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bilal,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I opened the link from another browse(firefox) but the same problem
occurring. Upwork shows we can't authorize your card. It is the same card I
give in GET PAID. But no problem with GET PAID. What I do, I have 0
connects. Help me

Hi Bilal,

I'm sorry to hear about that. I checked your account and it seems that your bank is declining the charge. You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
prathameshkoli
Community Member

I want to purchase connects thorough debit card. However I'm not able to do so.

As soon as I'm directed to the page, an error message is coming consistently.

Please help me with this.

Regards,
Prathamesh

Hi Prathamesh,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you're still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have tried this but still I am unable to buy connects. It is showing charge failed error.

Hi Sahil R,

I checked this for you and it looks like the transaction didn't complete with your chosen payment method on PayPal. Please try to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to use it as a billing method. You can find more about available billing methods here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths