🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Visa debic card issue while adding it
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
sijor123
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to buy connects via PayPal from India and it doesn't work. can't buy from the website because it doesn't recognise 'Rupay' cards. I tried VISA (UAE). How can I proceed? Also would this affect me when i try to withdraw my earnings as well?

Hi Sijo,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects. In case you have any issues while trying to use your withdrawal method, please let us know so that we can assist you with that as well.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
sahilrana123
Community Member

Hi,

I'm unable to add billing method. Always getting ''Charge failed'' error. Can you tell me, what's wrong?

Hi Sahil,

Please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used to purchase Connects. You can check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
pumbhadiya_sheta
Community Member

I am unable to add visa debit card showing below message

"Payment was declined. Update now"

also showing below message while adding connects

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shetal,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
iyer-ramesh
Community Member

Hello Team,

My debit card details uploaded and verified by accounts. but still i will not be able to buy connects.

Everytime asking please choose an alternate option.

Please help i am not able to buys any connects since one month and not able to submit any proposal.

Recurring transaction is not possible from my  account since it is a debit card.

Regards,

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Since recurring transactions are not allowed on your debit card you won't be able to use it for purchasing connects as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’. Feel free to add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
taha_khan786
Community Member

Whenever i tried to buy connection and input my card details an errors appears "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later"

I have tried many times but getting this error always . don't know what to do.

Hi Taha,

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your card as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’. 

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ljf420s
Community Member

what are other billing options so I can buy connects
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lord Jerome,

You can check this link to see the billing options available to you and add one of those. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
varunsood89
Community Member

Hello

My upwork wallet is zero , debit card notworking and i don't hace credit card . How can i pay for membership plus as i have zero connects

Dear friend,

varunsood89
Community Member

Hi, I want to upgrade my membership billing from Basic to Plus I am using mastercard debit card and international banking is also actiavated in it. I am trying to upgrade but its giving payment error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." Please guide me. Thanks Varun

Hi Varun,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello sir 

Thanks for your reply . SIr cam i use my friends credit card to upgrade to plus

Hi Varun,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am authorize to use payment card and i use debit card for upgrading but it will not work . Please suggest me can i use my firnds credit card to buy connects and upgrade membership

Hi Varun,

To learn more about our accepted billing methods check out this Help Article. Regarding your friend's card, as long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Tried everything but still can't able to puchase connects and also not upgrading to plus . It gives error like  "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute." frm last 3-4 days.

Hi Varun,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to add your billing method. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello i did everything but still same problem . Please check the attached screenshot also.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Varun,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok sir thank you

Hello sir,

I am still waiting as i already loose too many jobs here . Please try to connect with me ASAP. Also i am unable to connect with help and support as everytime it redirects to home page . Please check

Thanks

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Varun.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
varunsood89
Community Member

Hello can i use my debit card for upgradng to plus membership as i don' thave any credit card, or what is the alternate to this ?

varunsood89
Community Member

Hello Avery , i want to upgrade my membership to plus but debit card is not working . Will you please let me know can i use my friends debit card or what is the alternate ?

uyanthony
Community Member

I saw this, "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later" while trying to buy connects, and I retried it 2 more times. Only to find out I was charged from my bank account. Can anyone help me with this please

It did not reflect on my upwork account either. Still low on connects. Where did my money go?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Unyime,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

~ Bojan
Upwork
uyanthony
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

That's what I received as a notif. But I retried 2 more times which still failed.. I was debited from my local bank account on those 3 trials. My bank asked me to contact the merchant, can someone please help.

I'm new to this on this platform.

Hi Unyime,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The same thing has happened to me. I'm using a visa, tried different browsers and clearing cache/cookies, and have been trying over the span of a few hours. I contacted the bank but they told me to contact the merchant so here I am. Any help would be appreciated!

sabbirahmedchow
Community Member

Hi, I want to buy the connection from Upwork. Since I am from Bangladesh, it seems hard to buy  connection using the cards issued by various banks. I have gone through some of the discussions related to this issue and did not find any feasible solution. I found out that neither Eastern bank's Mastercard Aqua Pre paid card nor Bank Asia's Shadhin Mastercard works to buy Upwork connect. Can anyone please give me a concrete answer about which card can be used that will work to buy Upwork connect?(I know Payoneer card works but right now I only need to know something that will work beside Payoneer Mastercard)

Hi Sabbir,

This will depend on your location, but all freelancers can purchase connects with a credit card. To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
xander-york
Community Member

I am having difficulty buying connects using visa card …..prompting unable to authorize. To whom I should consult?

Please guide me.

Hi Hira,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please reach out to your bank to check if your account is enabled for international charges. You could also try and add a different billing method, check this article to see other available methods. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths