🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Master Card not working
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
ab048d7b
Community Member

Hello, I am using a visa debit card and can't buy connects. My bank told me to contact the merchant, and I would appreciate any help in getting my card to work

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiger,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rsdje
Community Member

Hello,

Facing issues while buying connects using VISA Card.

Is Credit card compulsary to buy connects?

Thanks

Hi Rajashree,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ahmedmostafa114
Community Member

I tried moreover to buy connects but my payment method was declined I am sure that my mastercard is recharged and working ok

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using another browser to check if you're still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nehal-abbas
Community Member

Upwork is not accepting my master card. I just checked my card on other online platforms it worked there.,but here on Upwork, it is not working. I have only one card. Please help me to accept it

Hi Nayhel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You need to check with your bank for more information about this. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I already checked with my local bank, and also purchased a new item today
using the same card.

They said everything is fine and payment processing online working fine.

Hi Nayhel,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

shinky786
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem,I am new to Upwork,not able to buy connects

when i give debit card information it does not accepts and for paypal as well it needs again a card.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seema,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
waqasyounis334
Community Member

Hey, I am trying to upgrade my account to "Plus" membership but the payment is not getting processed. I called the bank and they confirmed that everything is all right at their end, Can you please help me out?Thanks

Hi Waqas,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey, thanks for your reply. I already contacted the bank and they are
confirming that there is no issue at their end. Moreover, my account is
getting deducted by around 1 PKR every time I try to make the payment. This
shows that my card is working properly and there is no issue with bank at
all. Can you please double-check the system at your end?.

Thanks

Hi Waqas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
executive_resume
Community Member

Hi. i can't buy connects with my paypal balance. Can anyone help me? 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Partha,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
7fb836ba
Community Member

Can I get some help for why my paypal account is not working with Upcover, I am trying to buy connects.

Hi Sahil S,

I checked your account please try and add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to use your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork. The transaction did not complete with your chosen payment method on Paypal. You can find more about available billing methods here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
gilesagnel
Community Member

I try to buy connect using my debit card, It's failed and came out.

And also I tried with my paypal account.That also not working.

I have used visa debit card.

Any one facing this issue?

Hi Agnel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

nabeelmuhamamd17
Community Member

Sir my payment method is added but now Upwork says that we reviewing your
method and what is this means and when I buy my connects

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
christian_nabung
Community Member

Tried to buy connects though paypal and debit card both an got ths message :

"

You payment coud not be processed. please choose an alternate method or retry agian later."

Hi Christian,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

Buy Connect

Hi
Try Credit card

Hi,

Thank you for your responce 

but using paypal i'm not getting error , UPWork simply sais that payment failed without redirecting me to the paypal page

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kirtan,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
thr33star
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

In india paypal is not allowing for adding money to wallet 

Thank You

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kirtan,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method. You'll be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lucky_surve
Community Member

Hello All,

Should I use different account holder debit or credit cards for buying connects?

Hi Laxman,

There are three billing methods available to freelancers, Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, or Upwork Balance. You can read more about this here. You may want to talk to PayPal about what type of payment method can be added to your PayPal wallet. Please note that you will need to use your own billing method to purchase Connects.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Ok Thanks for your replay

thr33star
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

So before someday I complain for the same that I can't make payment from my card or paypal.
Then after Upwork Support get in touch with your bank and then I contact the bank and I realise that I can't make international payment from my card.

So i issue New Visa Card from where i can make international payments and now i'm trying to add payment method with Card and Paypal both but i got not the same issue but there is some issue i'm facing so please help me out that what i have to do next , and where is the asset problem is

Here i'm attaching the screenshot that i'm facing right now

Regards,
Kirtan Thakkar

Hi Kirtan,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

i Tried to use new browser or clearing the cache and try but got the same
error....
if you can guide me then i'm thankful

Thank You
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths