🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Your payment could not be processed. Plea...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
heni_nechi
Community Member

Hi Heni,

It looks like the decline error is from your issuing bank. You may need to reach out to them regarding the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Spoiler

if my balalnce is low, could it be the reason i can't add it as a billing method?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Heni,

Yes, insufficient funds could be the reason why the charge on your billing method keeps getting declined. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

i'm not trying to charge my card, i'm just trying to add it as a billing method that's it

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying your concern, Heni.

One of our agents will further assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

its not bank issue, its you system issue, I have card that work on all the website like amazon, google, msn, yahoo, godaddy but it wont work on upwork.

most of your support reply says its declined from bank end but how other websites are able to receive payments from same card

Hi Manoj,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
heni_nechi
Community Member

i'm having a problem .. i'm getting this error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." when entering my payoneer prepaid card as a billing method

faizankhan973
Community Member

I want to buy a membership and connects but i am unable to complete the process, it is saying

"Your card is restricted by your card issuer and cannot be used at Upwork. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Kindly help.

Hi Faizan,

Please add another billing method in order to be able to purchase connects or upgrade your membership plan. To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But why is the card not working here, i am using this card all the other places?

Hi Faizan,

I would recommend to check with your bank about this and make sure that your card is enabled for international charges. 
Also, please refer to our accepted billing methods in the guide I`ve shared in my previous post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

But now I am using Bank of Baroda(India) International Debit Card (visa).
which have sufficient funds to purchase the upwork connects. and i also
delete all my cookies etc.
But, i don't understand how my card is being restricted through my bank...

Hi Sagarmoy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
domoladev
Community Member

Hello Bojan, I've also got the same situation. Can you help me solving this issue on my end as well?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dominion,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nathanb814
Community Member

Hello, I've tried many times from 2 days ago to add my card as primary billing method for purchasing connects. But it says :

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

I double checked my card status, it has all the available balance and no other restriction to deny the payment from Upwork.

This is really a frustrating situation.

Can you help me?

Hi Nathan,

I checked your account and it looks like the charge on your credit card is being declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, I checked my bank already and it has no specific charge declinining.

What should I do?

I've also got the same situation. Can you help me solving this issue on my end as well? I also checked the bank but no other issues there for declining.

What should I do now?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathan and Dominion,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

It was solved, it's now working. Sorry for the inconvenience.

how did it get solved?

Hi Heni,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. One of our agents will update your ticket providing further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

my card is suitable for international payments.

I don't have another payment method 

I did that and it didn't help
moreover i've been sitting on the support ticket for hours now.

I have done all those steps. I do not have any other billing method. I am unable to apply for any work. 

The monthly rental for agency plus account has been deducted but I am unable to buy connects. This is a very frustrating situation.

Hi Aswini,

I'm sorry to hear about all this and I understand your frustration. I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I dont do lot of upwork but your system has this issue for long with visa cards, your system dont accept prepaid visa cards or OTP secure credit cards, Its been there from last year november, those cards will work on amazon, google adwords, micrsoft, skype, zoom but those will not work on upwork.com, I belive you are loosing lot of money due to this, 

niranjan1973
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork I am not able to buy connects. I have used both Paypal and debit cards.there is no problem from the bank's side as well so pls help Upwork

Hi Niranjan,

Someone from our team will be reaching out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

28249f82
Community Member

Hello!
I am having a serious problem in updating billing method to buy connects. I have tried several times updating my UBL debit card and every time they say, “your transaction can’t be processed” .
Your account is in review for 48 hours.
Nothing has happened after 48 hours, please help it’s really annoying.

Hi Saim,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
parokhan_27
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I wanted to buy connects for the first time. When I entered my master card details, it was not accepted. Upwork says, "Your card cannot be authorized. Try another billing method or contact your issuing bank". I contacted my issuing bank but they say everything is fine from our side. So, how can I resolve this issue to buy connects or membership. Thanks.

Jafar

Hi Muhammad Jafar and Imran,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with setting up your billing methods. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gul-imran
Community Member

ok thank you sir
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths