🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Help!... I can't buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
iqbalshahid35
Community Member

receiving error that "attempts to add billing method exceeded". Need Help!

Hi Shahid,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already submitted a ticket to our team. One of our agents will update your ticket providing further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8ca05fff
Community Member

I even enabled the international transactions but still can't buy connects using Debit card. It says your payment cannot be proceeded.

Hi Haroon,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble buying Connects. I have checked your account and I suggest that you check with the card-issuing bank and ask them about the specific charge decline. If after doing so you're still experiencing the same issue, please let us know.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a00f61d1
Community Member

I tried using my mastercard to pay for Upwork connects...It keeps saying payment could not be processed

How do I solve this?

It's really frustrating

Hi Alwell,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble buying Connects. After checking your account I suggest getting in touch with your card-issuing bank and ask them about the specific charge decline or use a different card if possible. If after checking with them you are still experiencing the same issue, please let us know so we can further assist.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a00f61d1
Community Member

Hi Luggi R,

Thanks for your reply

I tried a different card but it still saying “payment could not be processed”

Please what should I do at this point?

Hi Alwell,

You need to check with your bank for more information and make sure that you have enough balance for the Connects purchase.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
0e3395ad
Community Member

It says Paypal Charge Failed

Hi Ron,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
komaldhiman
Community Member

When I try to buy the connects then it bring me to bank page and when I entered the OTP and click on submit button then it give me an error message.
Tracking ID: 5d9317ef6af2de15-BOM
Thanks

Hi Komal,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects. You can access your tickets on this page. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork
70bdc8d4
Community Member

I am trying to purchase connect but the payment is getting failed every time. Previously this was not the case. I also tried to do payment with Paypal but the same issue raised again. I am not sure how to proceed now. Please help 

Hi Arjun,

I checked and it seems that you already purchased Connects. Let me know if you need further help with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander, Yes I used my credit card to purchase connects but my Debit card and Paypal is still not working. Previously I purchased the connects from my Debit card

muhammadhusain87
Community Member

Hey Dear Upwork Support Team, I am a new freelancer on Upwork. I am trying to buy connects through my brother's Payoneer debit card but unfortunately, the transaction got declined ever time. Can you tell me why am I not able to buy connects?

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined due to insufficient funds on it required to complete the payment.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
itsabhere
Community Member

Hi,I was trying to purchase connects. I got my OTP I put in the right place after that it showing click buy connect button. There is only one button called 'Add Connects'Whats the problem?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arnab,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
11a578cc
Community Member

Can't buy connects, not sure what's problem. I'm geting msg "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikola,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
adesokan-samuel
Community Member

Hello i have added my visa card to my billing method and  trying to buy connect but it saying " Your payment could not be processed" please how can i fix this issues.

Hi Adesokan,

It looks like the charge on the card is getting declined. Please check with your bank for more information on why the charge is getting declined.

In the meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I have called my bank they approved all transaction and I keep facing same issues...please can support fix this issues for me

Hi Adesokan,

Please make sure from your bank that your visa card is valid and functional.

Try another payment method.

Hope it will be helpful.

Thanks

https://www.coupongot.com/
arun-av
Community Member

Hello..I am facing an issue while trying to purchase connects from upwork. I don't have a credit card and my debit card is powered by Rupay that mostly used in India. So I tried to add my friend's visa debit card but it is showing "unable to authorise your card". is it possible to use others card for purcasing connects? then what could be the real issue? please..can anybody help me to fix this?

Dear friend,

Hi Arun,

Please note that in order to add the billing method to your account, the owner of the billing method needs to authorize you to use it. Please contact the card-issuing bank for more information as it looks like the charges to the card are being declined. You can also check out this help article for more information on the Billing Methods available for purchasing Connects.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Arun,

Please confirm from your bank that the card you are using is valid and functional. In this case, you are using your friend's card which is unauthorized. In your billing info, you have not saved your friend's card number so it won't work.

Try another billing method.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

https://www.coupongot.com/
ranaprashant
Community Member

Hi, Currently I am having 0 connects. So I tried to Add Connects from Membership & Connects. I had attached my Debit Card Payment which is International.  I had selected $12 = 80 connects I got OPT also on my registered number. But after entering OTP and Submit button didn't receive connections in my account. Will you please help me. I will wait for your feedback. Thanks

Hi Prashant,

I would recommend adding another billing method and then purchasing the bundle you would like to have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

drstrange7
Community Member

Hi, I Cannot buy connects using visa debit card,payment is declined,I have used two different cards but issue persists

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kapil,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
8e6ecdee
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add Visa card as billing method. I saw following error :

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

i contacted bank they said the issue is from site , there is no problem by bank.
Please solve this issue as soon as possible so that i can buy connects 
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abbas,

I'm sorry to hear that the issue with purchasing connects persists. It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team regarding this issue where our agent already shared additional information with you. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
8e6ecdee
Community Member

Hi !

I can't reach out through this ticket it show the problem is solved.

But actually it is not solved.

I am facing serious issue from many days , Kindly solve this please.

5605arafat
Community Member

I can't add my billing method that's why i can't buy connects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yeasir,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths