🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I can't buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi, Please help me for buy connects because being 1 month and Upwork not solve this is issue and I did not hire any work yet so please help me or add Debit Card method then I can buy connects for debot card. Otherwise add connects on my account and when I will hire any project then you can deduct money from my account.

Hope you will consider this issue.

Thanks

Hi Dharmendra,

I checked your account and I can see that you`ve already followed up on your ticket with additional questions. Our team will assist you further directly there and will answer your questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
haideralikhan18
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to add a billing method to purchase new connects and membership but I'm getting the following error from the last 10 days. Kindly assist me so I can avail opportunities here on Upwork. Thanks

Billing Method Error.png

Hi Haider,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
carloslobo28
Community Member

Hi! I've a prepaid Mastercard, Prex exactly, I've recharged it but the accreditation will be in the next days, I want to know, can I buy connnects with it? Dont tell me: In Upwork you has three options etc etc. Answer my question about prepaid mastercard! I've thought adding it as a backup in Paypal so I don't have to wait the three days of card verification that Upwok works.

Hi Carlos,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. For more information about the accepted billing methods to purchase Connects, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
superm95
Community Member

Hi, there

I have created visa card to add to my account to buy connects

When I create it, I have charged around $20 and I bought connects using it.

I have withdrawn some money from payoneer to bank to charge card

10 days passed already, but I can't buy connects using this card that I had done.

How can I solve this issue? Is there any way to charge the card from bank?

Hope your selfless assistance

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mario,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
48e08cdf
Community Member

getting issue while adding payment method - We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. help me to solve this.

Hi Yogesh,

I checked, and it looks like the transaction has been declined. You may want to reach out to your card issuing bank so that they check and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
freelancshubham
Community Member

Hi Team,

This is to inform you that I am not able to add my Debit card details into my Upwork account. always there is an error showing as :

Error 502 A  I am trying to add my debit card details from the past two days and I am not been able to add any card into the Upwork account even I tried to add through PayPal account and it show please add credit card.

kindly help me as I am not been able to bid on the job post or even add money to my Upwork account 

Hi Shubham,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kumarneeraj1996
Community Member

Hi. I recently tried to buy connects through my master card. However ended up with a message something like,  try later or your payment is declined. 

Hi Neeraj,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

gita_pai
Community Member

Hello.. I am trying to add connects to my account. But it doesnt get added at all.. Please resolve.. Its urgent and I want to submit many proposals.

Thanks.

Hi Geetha,

Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end when you`re trying to purchase connects? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,
I am unable to buy connects. I receieve this same page each time I enter my Payment Details.
I have tried Add Connects and every other option multiple times.Please guide me at the earliest.
Best Regards,Geetha.

Hi Geetha,

I checked and It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

aqsaqayyum60
Community Member

In the card menu, the message appears Payment was declined. Update now
 How can I cope with this? I can't buy the connects to work in Upwork. I do have credits in my account

Hi Aqsa,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge declineIf you have sufficient balance available from Upwork earnings, you can use this balance to pay for your membership or purchase additional Connects. If your balance isn't sufficient, we'll charge your chosen billing method. You can find more information about the available billing method in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
ayposi
Community Member

when will i have new connects

petra_r
Community Member

Stephen J wrote:

when will i have new connects

When you buy some or change to the paid membership

rajamajid1981
Community Member

Hi Sir,

I am unable to add my Debit card into the Billing method. 

Please resolve my issue i want to buy Connects.

Thanks

Majid 

Hi Raja,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ceefaeca
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to buy connects, it is howing me that the payment method is failing. I tried both debit card and Paypal, nothing is working. Please resolve this so that I can save my time.

Thanks.

aniketsinh23
Community Member

I recently transaction and add my debit card in the Upwork payment method but I unable to succeed for payment using debit card also PayPal method. 

I very confused about this I want to buy connect for my Upwork work... but it's again and again fail.

Hi Aniketsinh,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

tahir-younas
Community Member

Hi there! I am having trouble in ther verification of my credit card. First they ask me that payment method has been verified. But when i go for buying connects , they say " Payment method was declined and cannot be proceed further, Try another payment method".  Is there any solution for this problem?

Hi Tahir,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. You can also try to add another billing method and purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes ! This may be one of the reason for declination. I will contact my bank if my account is enabled for international transactions(Buying/selling). Thank you so much for replying to my request.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
noorbaig2018
Community Member

Dear,
Still I have a problem while I am going to purchase connects from my credit card. There is I error occured that your memory ships is not approved. Please resolve this issue because I want to purchase more connects to apply more projects. Membership icon is also not showing on my profile settings. Please look into this.

Thanks
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Noor,

I checked your account and it looks like you're a member of an Agency. Please discuss this with the Agency Owner as all Agency members draw from the common pool of Agency Connects. So the Agency Owner is the one who will need to purchase Connects through their account.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
m_shafi_arif
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects. But I am getting the error that 'Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.'

Hi Mohammad,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges, or add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

16aaa3bd
Community Member

I face the same issue, I tried VISA, Master, and Discover cards. I am unable to add my cards. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rajesh,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths