🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Your payment method is disabled
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

what should use debit or credit due to buying connect?

Hi Gaurav,

There are three billing methods available to freelancers, Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, or Upwork Balance. You can use the method you prefer to purchase Connects. Feel free to check this help article for more information on available billing methods. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c58910d8
Community Member

i am not able to buy connects i tried everything and ed up
here is what is the issue: **Edited for community guidelines**
I followed this as well: https://prnt.sc/v00tp8

I was in email support:

I am fed up. i am loooosing customers because of no connects or just give me some mercy connects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Madhvendra,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
habibqamar
Community Member

Hello!
I wanna purchase connects through debit card but "Billing method" tap is not working whenever I try to add method, it gives me error "Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload again". Can anyone guide me what should I do?

Hi Qamar,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bhaumik13
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects. I have tried so many times. Please help me.

Hi Bhaumik,

It looks like the rejection error was from your issuing bank. You may want to reach out to them regarding the specific decline error. You can also use a different billing method instead. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi!!
Actually I have a question my ATM card expiration date has been extended which I was using to buy connects.
Can I use that by putting the Card details again or will it cause any issue?

And Another thing I wanna ask is that
Can we use someone's else account to buy connects or make a transaction?

Thanks a lot for reading.

Hi Munir,

You can add an updated billing method to purchase Connects. You can use someone else's card to purchase Connects so long as you are authorized to use it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
rav1kant
Community Member

I keep getting that message repeatedly, not allowing me to withdraw funds despite manually enabling payment method. I have tried twice already and it keeps getting disabled again. Anyone else face this issue? How do you fix this? 

And of course I've to wait one full day to try again since it says it doesn't allow for two withdrawals to prevent duplicate withdrawals, nevermind the fact that it simply did not withdraw and failed with that error. 

Hi Ravikant,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
niranjan1973
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects using my visa card .in the past i have bought the connects using the same visa card.

Hi Niranjan,

Please reach out to your issuing bank so that they can check and assist you further regarding the decline of the transaction. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I contacted my issuing bank they said everything is good on their side they said to contact you.

Hi Niranjan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
atul-chopra
Community Member

After complete the full payment process i recieve error i attatched below 

Hi Atul,

I checked, and it looks like your issuing bank declined the transaction. You may want to reach out to them directly so that they can assist you further regarding the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
grafixbird
Community Member

Hello Support
I'm facing some issue to purchase a connects i'm not able to find what's the reason behind it .
Regards

Deepak

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Deepak,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Additionally, please note that your profile name should be your real name. Feel free to check this help article for more information on how to update your name.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b5186324
Community Member

I am trying to buy a connects by using a master card after entering the Bank OTP amount not debited and also connects not added

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rocky,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
khenz211
Community Member

I tried to add connects with my mastercard but i'm getting this error 'your mastercard was declined' i live in Nigeria and that's the only way i can add connect as paypal is not available in my country l.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ogunmokun,

Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kumarajay7399
Community Member

Hello,
I am facing the same issue of unable to pay and buy connects. My debit card is active. Have tried more than 4 times but facing the same error message. also my debit card is suitbale for international transaction.
Please help.
Regards,
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, you can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
96de8524
Community Member

I am unable to add connects. Whenever I set my primary billing method with my visa international debit card details (domestic & international usage is already enabled for my card), It redirects to my issuer banks interface/address and after entering the required OTP or my password it again redirects me to the "buy connect" interface of Upwork and giving the below error :

"Select the "Add Connects" button to continue" (I can't understand why after entering OTP/password, no amount gets deducted and why I am unable to buy connect) see attached image-1

When I try to pay with PayPal.  It's giving the below error:

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later". See image-2

After trying all of the above billing methods, It mentioned a "charge failed" on each billing method.

See image -3 

When I talk to my bank, they said my debit card is active for the international transaction via card details.

Kindly resolve this issue at the earliest.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nikhat,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
276b76b3
Community Member

Hi,

I am Saiful Islam.

I want to be plus membership of Upwork but I have no credit card. So can I use my friend Paypal or what should I do?

Thanks

Hi Saiful,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. So long as you're authorized to use your friend's Paypal to purchase Connects, you can use it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
276b76b3
Community Member

but i did not find any paypal option there ?

Hi Saiful,

The availability of billing methods varies depending on location. To see the options available to you, please check here

~ Joanne
Upwork
georgesawr
Community Member

Hi,

I am running out of connects and not able to buy any connects with my local bank debit card .

by April 1st , do we get any free connects or do we have to buy it ?

Thanks,

Roshni

Hi Roshni,

All freelancers were moved to paid connects only. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

even i am not able to buy connect using debit card and i tried through paypal but no success.

Hi Hariyala,

Please add one of our accepted billing methods in order to be able to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
amblogo
Community Member

Hi There!

So my Payment method(Visa) is declined again and again Everything is Ok from my Bankside and I have purchased offers on other freelance Platforms but unfortunately, my worst experience is on Upwork.

If you can help me then please reply or contact....

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Moiz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Gourav!

So I have contacted my Bank, They are saying that "we don't allow to save our customer Card information If someone tries to save it we decline the payment........."

I Just want to buy connects and simply start my career on Upwork and I am Now tired...Please resolve this problem So I can start my work on Upwork...

By the way, I don't have an alternative billing method. So please corporate 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths