Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update Plus Membership

kumarajay7399
Ajay K Member Since: Oct 20, 2020
3041 of 4,097

Hello,
I am facing the same issue of unable to pay and buy connects. My debit card is active. Have tried more than 4 times but facing the same error message. also my debit card is suitbale for international transaction.
Please help.
Regards,
Ajay

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3042 of 4,097

Hi Ajay,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, you can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
96de8524
Nikhat S Member Since: Oct 20, 2020
3043 of 4,097

I am unable to add connects. Whenever I set my primary billing method with my visa international debit card details (domestic & international usage is already enabled for my card), It redirects to my issuer banks interface/address and after entering the required OTP or my password it again redirects me to the "buy connect" interface of Upwork and giving the below error :

"Select the "Add Connects" button to continue" (I can't understand why after entering OTP/password, no amount gets deducted and why I am unable to buy connect) see attached image-1

When I try to pay with PayPal.  It's giving the below error:

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later". See image-2

After trying all of the above billing methods, It mentioned a "charge failed" on each billing method.

See image -3 

When I talk to my bank, they said my debit card is active for the international transaction via card details.

Kindly resolve this issue at the earliest.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3044 of 4,097

Hi Nikhat,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
276b76b3
Saiful I Member Since: Aug 18, 2020
3045 of 4,097

Hi,

I am Saiful Islam.

I want to be plus membership of Upwork but I have no credit card. So can I use my friend Paypal or what should I do?

Thanks

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3046 of 4,097

Hi Saiful,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. So long as you're authorized to use your friend's Paypal to purchase Connects, you can use it. 

-Joanne
Untitled
276b76b3
Saiful I Member Since: Aug 18, 2020
3047 of 4,097
but i did not find any paypal option there ?
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3048 of 4,097

Hi Saiful,

The availability of billing methods varies depending on location. To see the options available to you, please check here

-Joanne
Untitled
georgesawr
Roshni G Member Since: Mar 23, 2020
3049 of 4,097

Hi,

I am running out of connects and not able to buy any connects with my local bank debit card .

by April 1st , do we get any free connects or do we have to buy it ?

Thanks,

Roshni

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3050 of 4,097

Hi Roshni,

All freelancers were moved to paid connects only. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS