🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cant Buy Connects - From India
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
imzzy
Community Member

I have an active payment method and also membership plan ,Still i cant buy connects can someone help me. I am getting a ""Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."" error. Thank you.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Imamsab,

I just checked your account and I saw that you don't have enough balance in your account to buy more connects. You will need to add a billing method in order to buy more connects if your balance is not enough. Thank you.

Untitled

I did that but card is not getting charged. I called my bank and they say card is active

Hi Ajay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,
I am facing the same issue of unable to pay and buy connects. My credit card is active. Have tried more than 4 times but facing the same error message.
Please help.
Regards,
Aswini

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Hi Aswini,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

I have added billing method to my account. I want to purchase connects but payment is declined and asked to go for alternative methods. Could you please guide me on the same on purchasing connects? (I have tried multiple times)

It shows exact message as below,

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Regards,

Dhaval Thakkar 

Hi Dhaval,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hnj454
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Jain,

I checked and it looks like the decline error was from your issuing bank. You may need to reach out to them so they can check this for you. You can also add a different billing method instead. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am facing same issue, Cannot buy connect because payment cannot be processed. My Card is running every where else but here.

Hi Dani, 

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like it could be a problem with your bank allowing the transaction on our end. You may want to contact your bank and ask them about the specific charge decline or use a different card. Alternatively, you can use any of our other available billing methods. If they confirm everything is fine on their end, please let us know so we may assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi

I tried to buy connects and also added the billing method but it says that your payment cannot be processed please add another billing method but I only have one VISA debit card and need urjent connects, kindly check what's the issue over here.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tayybaali
Community Member

Hi!

I am facing this same issue. I want to upgrade membership but my visa debit card is not processing. giving this same error.

tayyba_A
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syeda,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am facing the same issue with being able to buy connects. please help

Hi Sahana,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet?

~ Joanne
Upwork
d018307b
Community Member

Hey, I have the same problem. Can't figure ouy any way to buy connect. I have called the bank to see if something's wrong on there end but no. please help

Dear friend,

Hi Shaheryar,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I had same problem. but I think it was resolved now.

Same problem facing but still unable to buy connect and getting same error after follow above all work  "

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later". What can i do now? help me

Hi Sampat,

I checked and it looks like the transaction was declined by your card issuing bank. You might want to check with them so that they can assist you with the specific decline error. You may also consider using a different payment method. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kv27093
Community Member

Hi,

I am getting same error
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kamlesh,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet? You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Usman,

Please refer to the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

We are also facing the same issue of unable to pay and buy connects. Have tried 3-4 times but facing the same error message. Please help.

Hi Hitesh, 

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with purchasing Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue, I added my Visa debit card to be able to buy connects but the purchase was not successful.

Also, I tried to add my PayPal account in the billing method, never gets completed because at the later part of the process it is asking for a card number, but a PayPal account only has an Email address, no card at all. Can somebody please help me so I can buy additional connects.

Hi Virginia,

For the issues you are having with your debit card, you need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined.

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. 

In the meantime, you can add an alternate billing method on this page and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Additionally, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I tried to buy connects again, but I'm getting the same response "Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.". I would really appreciate if somebody  can help me on this. Thanks.

Hi Virginia,

As Aleksandar mentioned earlier, you may need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. If you've done this and they confirm everything is ok on their end, please feel free to reach us out again so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue.

can you please help me that I'm also not avail to purchase new connects. Every time I try its showing the same error. I've my active debit card for international useages also active paypal account but its showing the same error as attached screenshot

Dear friend,

Hi Raju,

Please note that in order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

You may want to talk to PayPal about what type of payment method can be added to your PayPal wallet.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths