🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: We are unable to authorize your card. Ple...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
zerg147
Community Member

I have been trying to buy connects on upwork via different Debit Cards yet nothing seems to work. I've tried a Discover, a Visa and a RuPay Card. I tried doing it directly as well as via Paypal. 

I keep getting the error to choose a different payment method.

Please help me out as I've been stuck only because of not being able to buy connects.

From India.

Regards.

Hi Saurabh,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
0a2525cc
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Syed,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
muneebshahid66
Community Member

I am trying to buy more connects but send me We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing  .I also go the setting Get paid and billing method but as usally send me this We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing 

Hi Muneeb,

For your billing method, you need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Regarding your withdrawal method, it seems that you need to fill out the W-8BEN form in order to make your method active. You can check this help article for more information on that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

devs_team
Community Member

Right now, I have no card. But my proposal connects has been finished and my profile gone private.

So I want to buy upwork connects.

Can I use my father card for buy connects?

Hi Md Milton,

You can only add a bank account in your own name, that matches your name on your Upwork account. If you are not able to set up your own personal bank account and would like to use your father's bank account, there is an option to create and use a joint bank account with you and your father's name reflecting on it, in which case you can use it as an eligible payment option on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I want to add money on my upwork account from my father card.

Is there any problem?

Hi Md Milton, 

Please refer to the information I shared on this thread in response to your initial post for more information about adding your father's card. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I was informed that as long as the owner of the billing method authorizes me to use it, I should be able to add it to my account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify me directly.
Is it correct?

Hi James,

Yes that is correct, please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran for your kind help and also for confirming the information.

Best regards,

James R.

sanjuindian
Community Member

Every time showing this flash messege  Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Sanju,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You'll be able to access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
tarjaneed
Community Member

Hello,

I want to purchase more connects but after asking for payment info and otp it returns "Select the "Add Connects" button to continue."

Please find the attached image.

Thanks

Hi Tarjanee,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,I am Javascript developer and i am trying to Freelance on Upwork. i would like to buy some connects and i am currently unable to do so.The Mastercard that i am using is enabled for international Transactions since i have used it on

• Netflix
  • Other Freelancing Platforms

i have contacted the bank and they say that the issue is not from their side. If someone could help me out i would really appreciate it

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing Connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
juliekw
Community Member

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 12.02.26 PM.png

Hi Julie,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

eronperseverance
Community Member

Hi there,

Is there any way we can purchase connects directly from our paypal account without using any credit or debit cards?

Whenever I tried to use my Paypal account it always requires me to first add the details of a credit or debit card.

Thanks

No I don't think its possible to buy connects directly from paypal as paypal also needs your bank info to credit or debit the ammount you spend or earn, if i am not wrong.

So the easyest way is to use your current balance in upwork to by connects it will also be very handy when it comes to currency conversion, you dont need to pay charges for currrency conversion when you directly but connects from your upwork belance.

I hope this helps.

Hi Tsieron,

To add Paypal as your billing method on Upwork, you will need to link your Paypal account to either a credit card or a bank account. You can read this help article for more information.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dpk05
Community Member

Hello, I am facing some problems while adding my card on billing and making payments for purchasing new connects. Please help me through this.

Hi Deepak,

I checked and it looks like your issuing bank declined the transaction. Please reach out to them directly about this so they can assist you further. You may also consider adding other payment options. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
yassa27
Community Member

I m from Pakistan and not able to buy connects while using my Allied Bank Visa debit card. I had even try again multiple time in an incognito window but again showing this message 

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later"

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yassa,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sen-gourav
Community Member

I am trying to add connect and get bank OTP too after redirecting to issuer bank. but connects not added.

Hi Gourav,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

gloria_haynes
Community Member

I've tried 3 times today to buy connects, however each time I try to complete the action the program goes to a blank screen that says "Add an Account" or something similar. Nothing else happens. I need these connects soon. Can someone please help me?

Try clearing cookies, If it doesn't work, Try different browser. (Mozilla works better)

Thank you, I;ll try that.

Hi Gloria,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try adding your billing method first? Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Afterwards, you should be able to purchase connects by following instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much!

Hi,
I have Master card but I cannot buy a connects why?
When I proceed to payment 6$ also take OTP but charges not cut and not add connects too after entering OTP shows Below Add connects

Guide me so I can buy connects
Thanks
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths