Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: buying connects problem

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3461 of 4,286

Hi Ayush,

You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. Not sure when your billing cycle begins? You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings. 

Regarding your billing method, we checked, and it looks like the decline error is from your issuing bank. I also noticed that you have added Paypal. Once this method is activated, you may use it to purchase Connects. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sahibzadarazaa
Ahmadraza K Member Since: Dec 4, 2020
3462 of 4,286

hi i am afreelancer from pakistan i want to buy some new connects by credit card but it says this when i click the credit cards option "Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page."

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3463 of 4,286

Hi Ahmadraza,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
haidersyed_ali57
Syed Ali H Member Since: Dec 5, 2020
3464 of 4,286

This error is showing every time I try to buy connects.

Moreover, I have also contacted my bank and they have said my card is working fine.

I also cleared my cache as it was suggested by a fellow upwork member in the previous posts.

Can any one please guide me how to fix this issue.

Thanks

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
3465 of 4,286

Hi Syed Ali,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble buying Connects. I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ashish_dhabale
Ashish D Member Since: Nov 12, 2019
3466 of 4,286
Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
m_basir
Muhammad B Member Since: Dec 6, 2020
3467 of 4,286
Hi Sir how are you hope everything will be fine my question is that to be very honestly im from Pakistan i wanna buy connects but here is little problem by payment methods so can i get the easy way to buy ?
luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
3468 of 4,286

Hi Muhammad,

Just to clarify, are you having trouble adding a billing method to your account? If you're in doubt, feel free to check this help article to learn more about our acceptable billing methods. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4d1c514e
Timm M Member Since: Jul 9, 2018
3469 of 4,286

I have a verified paypal account, which is linked to my upwork account. I can see in my paypal account the billing agreement with upwork escrow. Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the upwork page "charge failed". In paypal I can't even see that any attempt was made. How can I get more information what is wrong? (other payments via paypal have always been fine)

And **Edited for community guidelines**, I can't contact upwork in any other way than this forum (within help this is the only option, and their email is a "donotreply"...), but they only give me a deadline of 4 days?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3470 of 4,286

Hi Timm, 

I've shared your concern with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further, thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS