🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: We are unable to authorize your card. Ple...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Does it takes you to your bank's page? If so, what error do you see after coming back to Upwork?

Hi Shivam,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
paperstreetco
Community Member

I have been trying much time and I have used 3-4 types of payment method with PayPal also even debit cards I have no luck buying new connects it will redirect to my bank payment page but the money isn't detected and i am not getting the connects also 

Hi Akshay,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble buying Connects. Some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the transaction type: ‘Recurring Transactions’. I suggest that you contact your card-issuing bank to confirm they allow recurring transactions on their debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.  Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
chikhalkar_nilim
Community Member

Hello Team,
I was able to buy connects previously with PayPal, and always used PayPal for buying connects. But today after 2 week when I tried to buy connects it said PayPal Charge Failed. Can anyone please help here.

Thank you!

Hi Nilima,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c8f07665
Community Member

"Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page." This error message is showing in card payment option since yesterday when I am trying to shift to freelancer plus for the first time. I have tried clearing cache and in incognito mode as well but the problem still persists. Paypal is not available in my country so its out of question. How should I pay please help.

Hi Burhan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alnie_joy
Community Member

Good day,

It is my first time to add connect. I tried to buy earlier and pay with it using my Paypal account however it is giving me error message that charge declined. May I know how can I fix it? Thank you in advance.

Hi Alnie Joy,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet? You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
digital_guru007
Community Member

Don't have a credit card so I want to use my dad's credit card to buy connects. Is that okay? Can I use it? Can I pursue my card later when I receive it?

Hi Muhammad Ahsan,

Yes, you can use your father's card to purchase Connects so long as you're authorized to use it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
itsolutions35
Community Member

I have a verified payment method and withdrawl several payments too. I have a verified identity badge but whenever i am trying to buy connects with my Debit card the transaction got declined and a red box prompt us saying ,Transactions can't be proceed contact support for further ,firstly a verification pop up appears when i submit my ID that option has gone but again when i tried to buy connects same error arrives multiple times.

Hi Sajid,

In order to be able to purchase Connects you will need to add a Billing Method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, Yes i have succesfully purchased the connects. Issue has been resolved! Best regards

Hello Community,

Continuously I'm facing the same problem that I share in the attached file. Please check anyone and let me know if you can.

Thanks.

Hi Shahidul,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Pop up blocker is off
  2. Have the latest version of Chrome or any of the supported browsers 

If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

sujal17
Community Member

Hello Support Team Manager,

I am trying to Add more connect and after payment option done, it is showing an error "Select the "Add Connects" button to continue". Kindly help me to add more connects.

Looking forward to hear back from you on this.

Best Regards,

Bharat

ay45
Community Member

Bro I am also facing same problem
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bharat and Ayush,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies and after selecting the bundle click on the green button at the bottom of the page. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, tried clearing caches and tried a different browser too. Still the same problem!

Hi Bharat,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ay45
Community Member

Hi
I am from India and I have tried 20+ times to purchase the connects from both Mastercard and Visa even with PayPal but it always shows the error that press "add connects" button
I want the connects but I can't purchase them
Please somebody help me how I am supposed to work when I can't submit the proposal
Help me upwork team at least add some payment modes for Indian people also we are not able to buy them.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayush,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ay45
Community Member

Sir I have tried both Mastercard as well as Visa card I don't have any connects left
One more thing sir I took the readiness test and passed in second attempt
Will I get free connects

Hi Ayush,

You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. Not sure when your billing cycle begins? You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings. 

Regarding your billing method, we checked, and it looks like the decline error is from your issuing bank. I also noticed that you have added Paypal. Once this method is activated, you may use it to purchase Connects. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sahibzadarazaa
Community Member

hi i am afreelancer from pakistan i want to buy some new connects by credit card but it says this when i click the credit cards option "Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page."

Hi Ahmadraza,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
haidersyed_ali57
Community Member

This error is showing every time I try to buy connects.

Moreover, I have also contacted my bank and they have said my card is working fine.

I also cleared my cache as it was suggested by a fellow upwork member in the previous posts.

Can any one please guide me how to fix this issue.

Thanks

Hi Syed Ali,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble buying Connects. I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

m_basir
Community Member

Hi Sir how are you hope everything will be fine my question is that to be very honestly im from Pakistan i wanna buy connects but here is little problem by payment methods so can i get the easy way to buy ?

Hi Muhammad,

Just to clarify, are you having trouble adding a billing method to your account? If you're in doubt, feel free to check this help article to learn more about our acceptable billing methods. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4d1c514e
Community Member

I have a verified paypal account, which is linked to my upwork account. I can see in my paypal account the billing agreement with upwork escrow. Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the upwork page "charge failed". In paypal I can't even see that any attempt was made. How can I get more information what is wrong? (other payments via paypal have always been fine)

And **Edited for community guidelines**, I can't contact upwork in any other way than this forum (within help this is the only option, and their email is a "donotreply"...), but they only give me a deadline of 4 days?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Timm, 

I've shared your concern with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further, thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d9c9d5c5
Community Member

Hello,

it says paypal charge failed, if I want to pay my hourly freelancers. Fixed price charged worked this afternoon. Please help asap!

Thanks!

Hello Jen, 

I have escalated your request with the team. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. 

Thank you.

Untitled

Hi I am having the same problem 2 weeks ago it was working fine... last week and today am unable to pay my freelancers please help. Have used Paypal and both Company bank Mastercards, not working...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths