🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Please if I have to call the Upwork customer support, I am also ready to do that. 

But I am suffering from this problem for so many days that I want to resolve this problem. Please help me 

Hi Dip,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm facing the same problem,"Select the "Add Connects" button to continue". if you got any solution, then please reply.

Hi Shivam,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
tejhere
Community Member

Hello, 

I also facing the same issue. When i tried to buy connects but it redirecting me to the same page with message "Select the 'Add Connects' button to continue". please check the issue and help me.

Thank you,

Tejasvi

Hi Tejasvi,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
hasnainali28
Community Member

Hi, I am not able to buy connects even I have connected my bank to Upwork. Also, I have given each and every single piece of information regarding my bank account. Please resolve my issue and give me good guidance. Thanks.

Hi Dost Ali,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
johnsmith507
Community Member

I want to buy connects but I am facing an error. Any type of payment method is not working.

Hi Nazim,

I would like to clarify that in order to be able to purchase Connects you will need to add a Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
imsimplycreative
Community Member

Greetings

I am facing an issue regarding conencts.. whenever i tried to transaction an error showed "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method  or retry again later." I talked to my bank reprenstative also and he said "your card is active from our side".

Please help me regarding this issue.
Details:
Card: Visa (Debit)
Bank: SCB

Hi Ata,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you.

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
hasnainali28
Community Member

Whenever I buy connects it says "Your payment could not proceed. Please choose an alternative payment method or try again later". Even I have connected my bank account to Upwork but I could not be able to buy connects from Upwork. Please assist me to rid of this problem.

Hi Dost,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Sure sir and thanks for your reply.

Dear friend,

d9ac8032
Community Member

Hello Joanne, please see this screenshot. I can't able to buy connects i also tried 2nd card (visa) but same error. 😔

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roshan,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try adding your billing method first? Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those.

Afterwards, you should be able to purchase Connects by following instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
fda622c0
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

I already have a balance in upwork so I don't need to add billing method, the problem is that I bought connects by $12 but I only received 40 connects. 

Check your internet banking there is an option to enable international
usage in debit card then try again it will work..
fda622c0
Community Member

Hello,

I was trying to buy connects and the page showed error so I refreshed it 2 or 3 times and then I found that My balance has decreased by $12 but I only received 40 connects. Please check my reports home to track transactions and connects history to track my connects.

Hi Mahmoud,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further with your Connects.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
fda622c0
Community Member

Hello Andrea, 

Thanks for your reply. I will wait for agent to contact me.

hasnainali28
Community Member

Hi,

I have connected my bank account to Upwork and now unable to buy connects. Even I have contacted my bank they said everything is ok in your bank account. You must talk to the Upwork team to resolve your issue and activate/permission/access to your bank into your account. 

Thanks

Hi Dost Ali,

I checked and it looks like you've added your debit card as a billing method to buy Connects. However, the charge on your card is getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Whenever I added payment method I successfully added my international MasterCard.

But, When I want to upgrade premium errors show that "choose different payment method". Same problem with PayPal also.

I am facing this problem from the last one month. I don't have connects to submit a proposal, If the problem doesn't solve I have to leave Upwork, Because without connects I do nothing.

Hi Jayesh,

I understand that you are concerned about not being able to purchase connects. I checked your account, and it seems like the credit card transaction was declined. Please reach out to your card issuing bank so that they look into this and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
abdullahsyed1122
Community Member

Hello!! I also have same problem. I can't but connects on upwork from Pakistan bank account. Also in Pakistan the PayPal account is banned so what can i do to purchase connects??

i have no payneer card only account.

Hi Syed,

The availability of payment methods can vary based on where you are located. To see the options available to you, click here. Once you have confirmed the payment method that's available in your location, you can add it following the steps shared here

~ Joanne
Upwork
malik_bakhsh
Community Member

How long does it take to upgrade my membership?

Hi Malik,

Could you please try to use a different browser, or clear your cache and cookies then retry adding your billing method again? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f1aa4aae
Community Member

I'm unable to buy connects even after trying various payment methods. Please help me understand whats going wrong.

Hi Apurva,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble purchasing connects. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

I have Global MasterCard but couldn't be making payment. I also use PayPal and facing the same problem.

naumanhafeezkhan
Community Member

Hi Nauman,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gmburu
Community Member

Looks like the answer to wanting to pay here in upwork from Paypal account is always to "choose from other payment methods"....but those other payment methods also seem to be card methods...

is there another way?  I am outside US and Europe can I a buy connects at least from paypal account

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths