🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to add more connects in my account
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Geoffrey,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.  

~ Nikola
Upwork
aruaenyinna
Community Member

I can’t buy connects because Upwork says my payments can’t be processed. I have 3 Nigerian bank accounts, and none of their debit cards (Mastercards) are working. Please! It has being months now! I need to earn.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kevin,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1f32be23
Community Member

I just wanted to buy 40 connects on my VISA card because I don't have connects to make proposal and it wasn't charged as well . so I can not buy the connects for now . my VISA card is useful to send some money to other  I think . I received a waring notification that it is restricted by card issuer . I hope your help as soon as possible. 

Hi Oliver, I think this is the problem with your card provider/bank account, if you didn't activate international/online transactions, transactions using the VISA card will be declined, have you done any online transactions before using the same card? if not please contact your card provider to activate the online/international transactions, then you can use the card to buy Connects.

I hope this is helpful.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oliver,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
1f32be23
Community Member

Hello  everyone 

I am a freelancer who is from my fellow Mexico to work on upwork. I have tried to buy the connects with Visa card because it was integrated with upwork in billing method . actually I have enough money to buy connects . but my Visa card has bank issue and upwork can not charge the money to provide the connects to me . Is it international charge with my fellow Mexico bank ? I would appreciate for your help . it would be good to help me from Mexican developer . Thanks !

Hi Oliver,

I checked your account, and it looks like the billing method you have on file has been declined. You may want to reach out to your card issuing bank so that they can check this for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
aeaff6e8
Community Member

I am upgrading my membership plan from basic to freelancer plus. But it shows an error message; "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

How can I fix this?

Hi Aarish,

I would recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another Billing Method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vijay311
Community Member

Unable to add more connects in my account, after purchase it always prompts to (Select the "Add Connects" button to continue.) and but no amount is deducted from bank. Please help, unable to place proposal. Help me please

Hi Vijay,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
vijay311
Community Member

Yes I did it but still facing same isssue. 

Hi Vijay,

I've escalated your request to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
vijay311
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I need to create ticket or they directly get back to me?

Hi Vijay,

No need to create a ticket as one of our team members already did and reached out to you. You can access your ticket directly on this link.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm still facing same issue. Please help me

1f32be23
Community Member

Thanks . 

I have tried to buy connects with other bank card and it was available to buy the connects . for now ,I have the connects to make proposal . I removed the Visa card and I 'm trying to fix my old visa card which connected to upwork already . it was caused with my bank problem absoutely .

thanks again 

vijay311
Community Member

still not able to add connects. Please help me

Hi Vijay,

I'd like to confirm that one of our team member already reached out to you to assist further. Please check your ticket number: 30796569. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
asghar68
Community Member

same issue for me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asghar,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Use connects correctly and prays for a reply to inbox and some free connect add-in profile like magically, Perfect system.

ahmedsaniya29
Community Member

Hello, I want to purchase connects using my visa debit card which is active for international use but everytime i try there is some error that my payment id declinedI have tried clearing cookies but it doesnt work. Please help me in this regard.

Hi Saniya,

It looks like you've removed your billing method. Could you please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Afterwards, you should be able to purchase Connects by following instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey

I have added my card again but still it isnt working. i tried to add my husband's paypal and card but that doesnt work. I am really worried please guide me.

Hi Saniya,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. If after confirming this you are still unable to use it, please let us know, so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nirankushsarkar
Community Member

Every time I try to add my card as a billing method, it says 

"We can't complete your request now"

Hi Nirankush,

I've escalated your request to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
jwpeservice
Community Member

Hi. I updated my membership to Plus and even got a response from Upwork that the money has been received. But my Membership still reads Basic.

odd - someone from Upwork should help?

Hello Joe,

I just checked your account and I can see that your membership plan is now upgraded. If you have more concerns, feel free to post them here. Thank you!

Untitled

Aaron and Ryan, this was sorted out. Thanks. 

How long does it take to upgrade?  I submitted my info, and it's still showing that I have a free membership.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deborah,

I checked this for you and looks like you didn't initiate the activation of Plus plan on your account. Please, go to Membership & Connects / Membership plans / Upgrade to Plus and on the bottom of the page ''Review Upgrade'' click on the  ''Activate Freelancer Plus''. 

Additionally, please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you!  I think it just took some time to be updated in the system.  I made it.   Have a great day!

Its really not working - getting error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." i have added mastercard again and again, my card is verified with 0 payment also but still not working and showing the same message.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yogesh,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with upgrading your membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths