🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Membership
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Jaswinder,

Could you confirm if you`re experiencing any problems on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error you`re receiving on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

215276c3
Community Member

I want to buy connect
But I have no idea whats the issue
I had called the bank as well
The issue is on your side
Please help
Thanks

Hi Mijal,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble purchasing Connects. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Could you please try contacting your card-issuing bank about the specific charge decline?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
abdulazizrashwan
Community Member

I want to add new connects to my account. 

I tried to add these connects 2 days ago and Upwork asked me to verify my identity, then I attached all files needed and till now I don’t know if my identity verified or not!

Today, I tried to add my visa card again and it is refused without any reason. I removed it and tried to add it again, but Upwork refused saying "You’ve exceeded your credit limit or have insufficient funds. Please add another billing method."

What I can do to add new connects now?

Note: I don’t have any billing method else this Visa Card for "Credit Agricole Bank".. Pls, Help!

Hi Abdulaziz,

I checked and it looks like the decline error was from your issuing bank. Please reach out to them directly for more information about the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

I tried all that, but the problem still exists.

Hi Abdulaziz,

It looks like you have already posted this previously and we have replied to your post here. Please reach out to your issuing bank so that they can check the specific decline error. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
winstonjoseph
Community Member

When I try to buy connects, message shows as "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."   My payment card is also active. Please give me a solution.

Hi Winston,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

But I can able to do other transactions like Phone recharging etc with
my payment card

Hi Winston,

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket for the problems you are having. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thanks so much

93aa552e
Community Member

Hi, I have changed my debit card for

international usages - Yes

Merchant POS - Yes

e-commerce - Yes

It's successfully added as the payment method.

But when I go ahead to buy the connect using my debit card payment methods. I get message - Select the "Buy Connects" button to continue.

I am running in circles, with this. Please Help.

Also I am running in circles even to raise new support ticket, why is it hidden and made hard to find ? 😞

Hi Arun Kumar,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further with Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar D, **Edited for Community Guidelines** the support agent helped me
and gave me a very good solution. 
It worked. I changed - Pop-ups and redirects - Allowed for 
upwork.com and **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Upwork team made my day. Thank you so much 😄
Please close the forum thread and support ticket.

Dear friend,

malik-aadil
Community Member

i am unable to buy connects

Hi Adil,

Before purchasing Connects or a membership plan, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account. There are three billing methods available to freelancers. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
dibashukri
Community Member

whenever i try to add my card it tells me

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

Kindly tell me what are the possible solution

Hi Shukri,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or you can add another Billing Method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

malik-aadil
Community Member

i am getting this error while checkout

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us.

Hi Adil,

Please go to your Account - Settings - Identity verification and upload the image of an official government-issued ID that has all the required information for this verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kang_derick
Community Member

Hello,

Recently i paid for 10 connects worth $1.8 on the platform and the money was deducted from my account but I am yet to receive the connects nor my money back.

Hi Kang Derick, 

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.  You can contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
md_aman_amu
Community Member

I used the same MasterCard to buy connects last 4 times. But this time it shows the card number is invalid. why? Though everything is correct.

Hi Md Aman,

I checked, and it looks like the decline error was from your issuing bank. Please reach out to them directly so that they can assist you further with the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
zabi143
Community Member

Please Fix this Issue...

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Zuhaib,

Can you please share with us more details about the issue you're experiencing? Is this happening when you try purchasing Connects or upgrading your membership? If so, I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zabi143
Community Member

Howdy Luiggi

When I activate Freelancer Plus then this error becomes ( Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.)

Also I have fill all the required fields correctly but i can't get Membership Plan.

zabi143
Community Member

Now I have this issue

(We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.)

When I remove my billing method and try add again but this bug begin.

Hi Zuhaib,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined and make sure that you have sufficient funds for the charge. In the meantime, you can check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for upgrading your membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
9fdde21e
Community Member

Hi,

My payment method also getting rejected because of which i am not able to buy connects. can someone help me resolve the issue please asap?

Hi Narasimharao,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments. You can contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3cce9c7d
Community Member

Hi, Although my card was accepted, I am still unable to upgrade or buy any connect. It says payment unsuccessful. 

Hi Amir,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
muhammadumar989
Community Member

I am trying to add the Billing Method of "Payment Card" and I have entered all the information of VISA Card like Card Number, First Name, Last Name, Expiry date and Security Code. Despite that I am having the Problem of  "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Kindly help me to resolve this issue, Thanks!

Hi Muhammad,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to try and add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths