🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » upgrade membership
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

ae345ce8
Community Member

hello upwork,

I cant upgrade my membership free to plus freelance. It says" your bank was unable to verify  your information" please provide a solution immedietly. 

Hi Majida,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another credit card to your PayPal wallet. You can also check out our other available billing methods Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
34ff9636
Community Member

Hi I am from Pakistan and I am using ABL Debit Card to buy Connects, but th system is not accepting my card. Can you please guide?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sameer,

It looks like the charge on your debit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ’recurring’.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lokmanturkoglu
Community Member

Hi, I have been trying to add a payment method and I did, but I can't buy any connects by using this payment method. When I attempted to buy I get this warning popped up above "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."Can you help me please thanks

Hi Lokman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ’recurring’.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have non-English letters in my surname on my credit card but when I enter my surname I can't use them. (originally Türkoğlu, in upwork turkoglu). So basically they are no matches. Might that be the issue? I've already talked to my bank authorizer about the problem, and they said there should not be any problem with charging. Can you please guide me about the situation?
thanks 

Hi Lokman,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
uzairshehbaz
Community Member

Unable to add billing method 

Hi Muhammad,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error or a screenshot from your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes It says Unable to add method... please contact your bank

Hi Muhammad,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It says
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

a_mawallil
Community Member

Hi,

I supposedly buy connects, but I cannot proceed with the payment. It shows only white blank. What should I do?

Hi Adawiya,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's same. I can't buy connects still.

Hi Adawiya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nurrinath
Community Member

Hello I'm a freelancer here on upwork. I'm trying to buy connects but everytime I enter my debit card information, it gives me following error:

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Looking forward to assistance

Note: My debit card is working perfectly normal on other sites and on atm.

Hi Saud,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

gbhangu
Community Member

Hi Team,

I am unable to buy connects. every time I am got a message (Payment was declined. Update now). I try this with my 2 bank accounts but every time I got this message

Hi Gaurav,

You need to check with your bank(s) for more information on why the specific charges were declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

4de2e000
Community Member

hello i am hamza mumtaz. i want to upgrade my member ship to plus but i am not able to add my payment method. the Following message POPS up."We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Hamza,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for upgrading your membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

f23213a4
Community Member

Hey there,

Can someone please help me out with buying connects issues. As I've tried more than 9 times now and every time it says this error:
"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."
I tried changing payment methods, adding new methods, changing payment cards, and updating them on Paypal as well as on Upwork but none of this works.

Please someone assist me with this as this is urgent and important for me and I've 0 connects left in my account.

Best,

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

fb8c8571
Community Member

hi i am having trouble in putting my card details. i have input correct payment card details and google purchase charges are also charged but it keep saying choose another payment way.

Hi Arhama,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps failing because the bank is unresponsive. Could you please try again later and let us know if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

hi i am having trouble in putting my card details. i have input correct payment card details and google purchase charges are also charged but it keep saying choose another payment wayWhatsApp Image 2021-03-15 at 7.59.34 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-03-15 at 8.00.15 PM.jpeg

bertrand02
Community Member

Hello
please help me to solve this problem
Every time I want to pay for connections, the fees are withdrawn from my Visa card but I don't have the connections and I get a message that my request has not been processed, please try another payment method. Thank you
How can I do this?

Hi Mahutin Bertrand,

I checked and was only able to find one transaction where you purchased Connects on Feb 23 and the Connects are showing in your Connects History in the last 30 days. Are you referring to any other transaction? If so, please feel free to click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the transactions showing on your card statement.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

noor_services
Community Member

Whenever i buying connects, add billing method and i submitting all fields of bank detail, Showing me - "Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again." Why ?

Hi Noor,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks 🙂 

Dear friend,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members