🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Need help: Cannot buy connects via Paypal
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
f425a408
Community Member

I need to buy more connect and i'm tried to buy from last 3 days with 3-4 different debit cards and also tried to pay with paypal but system could'nt accept the payment...please solve my problem as soon as possible.

Hi Chirag,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
sumanfl
Community Member

I am new on upwork and want to take membership plus plan. But I don't have any required cards as mentioned in the payment method not even paypal account. I have only my debit card. Please suggest how to purchase membership on upwork. Thanks in advance.

Hi Suman,

Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods that you can use for upgrading your membership. If you have sufficient balance available from Upwork earnings, you can use this balance to pay for your membership or purchase additional Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
amanpreetsngh
Community Member

I am unable to make payments for membership.
I try it many times with card and also through paypal.
Please help me.
Thanks

Hi Amanpreet,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

pankajldh01
Community Member

Hi There,

I am not able to buy connect. i try 4 times but always get return message "Please select the "Buy Connects" button to continue."

Please help

Hi Pankaj,

I checked but couldn't replicate the issue you are describing. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that resolves the problem? If that doesn't help, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I already try by clear the cache and cookies of my browser. but problem is still exist.

please help

Try to reach support for more help regarding this: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Multi-talented Entrepreneur Digital Business Consultant and digital media creator

Hi Pankaj,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your help. I am waiting for support help.

attilavarga
Community Member

Hi

Any help with this?

Always asking the credit card number but I want to use just some amount that is on my Paypal account, so without a credit card!

Thanks

Hi Attila,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments. For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods

You may want to talk to PayPal about what type of payment method can be added to your PayPal wallet. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I don't have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments.

just have some amount on my Paypal account.

So in that case, there is no way to use it?

Thanks

Hi Attila,

Edited to add information:

Yes, in order to add a PayPal Account:

• Your PayPal account must be verified, active, and in good standing
  • You must have an active Billing Agreement with Upwork — this billing agreement is signed as part of the add PayPal
  • flow on Upwork
  • Your PayPal account must not be a student account
  • Your PayPal account must be set up with a primary and back-up payment method

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have this screen
 **Edited for Community Guidelines**

after that, I got this

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I already used Paypal before with Upwork, without a problem, then I have withdrawn my earnings to my Paypal account.

Hi Attila,

Sorry about any confusion, but you must have a payment method in your PayPal wallet in order for you to use it as a billing method. Your PayPal account must be set up with a primary and back-up payment method. Feel free to check this help article for other alternatives.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Understand.

Thank you.

sumfactor
Community Member

Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page when i try to buy connects .

Hi Ajay,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran could you please take a look.

My payment was unable to be processed because I need to verify my identity which I have done several times, this is first time that this happens, 
How can I solve this when the option to verify my identity says we are currently reviewing your documents (that I have submitted a year ago) and I dont have another option how to speed up the process.

Thank you in advance for your reply

Best Regards

Hi Ali,

I can see that you're already communicating with our team via ticket and one of our team members will continue assisting you directly there. THank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
613c8e84
Community Member

I am trying to add visacard as billing method. Facing this error : "We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well. Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yaseen,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
613c8e84
Community Member

Do i have to place a ticket or it was generated automatically by your team

Hi Yaseen,

You can access the ticket following the link that Bojan shared with you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
613c8e84
Community Member

My issue is still not solved and i am facing the same error uptill now

Hi Muhammad Yaseen,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

My issue is still not resolved yet . I tried another card but still facing te same issue. Even both of the two cards are working perfectly on different platform for online banking. Kindly solve the issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Yaseen,

A member of the team has reached out to you already regarding this concern and will assist you further directly. You should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
613c8e84
Community Member

kindly solve this issue asap i want to buy connects for sending proposals Thanks

makk_58
Community Member

Hello,

i need help with activating upwork plus. When i try to activate i get this message "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." Maybe it's because this payment method belong to my brother?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

I would suggest to check with your bank if the account is enabled for international charges or to add another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes Goran, I use this method on daily basis for international use but it's not working on Upwork. Maybe because it belong to my brother and not me?

devsmith
Community Member

i am trying to upgrade membership but payment not working , its showing charge fail error

Hi BAROT,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, you can check this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects or upgrading your membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
riaz296
Community Member

Dear Sir/Madam!

I want to upograde to Plus membership plan. In this connection, I have added a friends cradit card for payments. My request for shifting to Plus membership cannot be processed. Please help me in this regard. Thanks

Regards

Riaz

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths