🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » We are unable to authorize your card. Please ...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Riaz,

I suggest that you ask your friend to check with their bank to see why the specific charge was declined and make sure to have enough balance on the card for the transaction.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for this useful suggestion. It was the same problem you
identified.

70bd0475
Community Member

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." appears after inputing the debit card credentials.

GCash - Mastercard - Debit Card

Philippines

Hi Ar Jay,

I checked and it looks like the decline was from your issuing bank. You may want to reach out to them directly so that they can assist you with the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
donregina
Community Member

I am trying to buy more connects but your site will not let me edit my new credit card.  I would like to apply for jobs, but I need to buy more connects.  The site says my profile is suspended for three days.  Please reply promptly. My email is  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Don,

I would recommend to reach out to your bank account to check if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another accepted billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
saadzulfiqar
Community Member

While buying connects and after adding card and billing address details, I'm having this issue:

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Any help? 

Hi Saad,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, you can check this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

nchourasia
Community Member

Hello there,

I am unable to buy connects through the visa/debit card, system always giving message to use alternative option.

Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Niraj

Hi Niraj,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

riturajraina
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to buy connects & have added my debit card details but when i click on buy connects its always giving me this error : Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

My debit card uses an OTP to process the payment but here i didn't recieve any OTP.

Please guide.

Thanks & Regards

Hi Rituraj,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. In the meantime, you can try adding another Billing Method as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have faced the same problem. I can not buy the connects with my debit card. its a mastercard

Hi Khemraj,

Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? 
I would also suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem where i cannot buy connects as the system is not accepting my debt card. Please note that this is very important for all the Freelancers here to have this issue resolved as I can only see a general answer to all questions where it says to "Check with your local bank for international transactions" and "Chose another billing method".

Please see that my card is open for all types of international transactions and I am currently using it for payments online, never had any problem.

Please support

Hi Sameer,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

levina128
Community Member

Hi, I tried adding my billing card info inorder to buy connects but it is not proceeding further. This is the following message that appears everytime I feed in my card information. “We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.” Is there anything that be done to fix this ?

Hi Levina,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to add another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ahmad_mustafeen
Community Member

Same issue while adding the debit visa card, tried in both while buying connects and also while adding as my payment method, can someone assit.

Hi Ahmad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

All Freelancers requested,

To check your international usage option under internet banking debit card
details before buying connects on Upwork. If international usage option is
disabled please enable that option and try again..

Regards,
Ismail **Edited for Community Guidelines**

9c755a1f
Community Member

The Same problem I am facing right now. I am trying to add Meezan Bank Visa Debit card, and they are saying "WE ARE UNABLE TO AUTHORIZE YOUR CARD" and giving me bad CVV error. From the same card I have many international transactions on Fiverr, Guru and NAMECHEAP hosting and never face any problem. I can't understand what's the problem with Upwork. Please resolve my matter as soon as possible. 

Hi Muhammad,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to add another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

As I have mentioned I have done an international transaction just 2 days before and my bank completely allows making international transaction without any hassle. If you have any solution please help me rather than asking 1000 times about bank. Thank you 

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shipukhan
Community Member

how can I pay for connect if my international visa card is not taking in upwork?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shipu,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
tarun_dev
Community Member

Hello, i am facing issue while buying connects. As i am keep getting this error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Please help.

Thankyou.

Tarun kumar

Hello Tarun,

I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble purchasing Connects. You will need to reach out to your card bank and clarify with them directly for the declined transaction. Please make sure to inform them that you are using the card as a billing method to purchase in Upwork. You can also try adding a different card to purchase Connects. Feel free to reach out if problems persist.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Today I received a call from Upwork representative, and they said an error 91 is occurring, and they can't figure it out what is the problem. Can you please reopen my new ticket as I am unable to create new ticket? 

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
9c755a1f
Community Member

Yes but unable to solve my problem. They said error 91 is occurring and don't know what to do next. Please investigate the matter please 

Hi Muhammad, 

It seems that you're already in communication with the team. They're aware of the situation and are currently working to resolve it as soon as possible. Please, allow them more time so they can find a solution and get back to you. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9c755a1f
Community Member

Thank you I am waiting for response by team. 

shipukhan
Community Member

Hi, i want buy new connect. But when I try to pay your upwork is not taking my international visa credit card. I don`t have any other option. So. solve my problem by taking my payment by visa card. Thanks.

Hi Shipu,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths