🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: retrieving the original list of responden...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
abdullahaniq96
Community Member

Hi, I'm facing issues in purchaing a membership plan for upwork. My local bank account isn't connecting with upwork. Whereas, my friend has the same bank account and it's working. I called my bank's helpline too, according to them there was no problem in my online banking services. Kindly respond me about how to resolve it. Thanks!

Hi Abdullah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kashiffumer
Community Member

To Whom It May Concern. 

The problem could be guessed from the subject as I am having this problem.  I met all the requirements I have activated my online session, and also verified my card from my bank and cleared all the cache and cookies, but still having this issue. 

Please resolve this as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance

Hi Kashif,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm also having the same issue with 2 banks debit cards (visa and MC). I checked with UpWork support team and they said it's Error 91 : Issuer unavailable or switch inoperative: Issuer Unavailable". I checked with the banks and they said there is no transaction appearing from Upwork. The cards I have tried are working just fine on other websites. Also, international transactions are enabled and the bank does not block any MCC codes.

Was someone able to resolve the issue?

Hi Masood,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. Please continue to communicate with our team via your support ticket as they are the ones who can best assist you. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address and also here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
noor_upwork
Community Member

Why i unable to buy connects ? While I have got a new international debit card.

Showing error "Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again."

Hi Noor,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or add another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
maasimrao
Community Member

Hi Miss Andrea,

I am facing the same issue when trying to upgrade my membership plan.

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I contacted bank and they said everything is fine on our side.
What could be the issue?

Thanks,

Aasim

Hi Aasim,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
brand-republic
Community Member

Dear Readers, 

Hope you all doing great. 
New on upwork and tried adding my billing method and below mentioned msg pops up everytime. 
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Please advise me on ths. 

Hi Brand,

I checked your account and it looks like your card issuing bank is not responding at the moment. Could you please try again later?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, 

Thanks for your prompt reply.
sure thing let me check with my bank. 

techleads5949
Community Member

Hi I am trying to upgrade my account as Freelancer plus. But whenever I try to add billing bethod it gives me following error.

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I am not even able to buy more connects. Please guide me in this regard. Thanks.

Hi Fahad,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
3c2d3334
Community Member

I'm getting this message while purchasing connects. Can somebody help me to fix this task I want to purchase connects ASAP.

Hello Usama,

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges faced by you while trying to purchase Connects. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check if online transactions are enabled on your card? You can also try using a different card. Feel free to message if the problem persists.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,
Thanks for your response I have recently received some money from UpWork on
my bank account. Do I still have to contact to my bank account?

Hello Usama, 

I checked and I can see that your last withdrawal was sent directly to your bank account. Please contact your card issuing bank to check your card status for online transactions or try using a different card. Feel free to message if the problem persists.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Dear friend,

Hi Usama if you are from Pakistan and using Meezan Bank then contact your bank. Since 27th March I tried my best and my case successfully resolved. I was facing an issue 91 don't know what was this but believe me Meezan bank finally solved that. I email them on 16th April and yesterday my case successfully resolved. Thanks, Upwork, for great support. It was Meezan bank little error which I was facing unfortunately, and they also couldn't figure it out until I sent the screenshot of Upwork representative direct ticket chats. They resolved case immediately, and I am using my debit card now. 

daniyalsohail0
Community Member

Hi, I am from Pakistan and just starting off on upwork. I have been trying to upgrade my account to Upwork plus and somehow it is not accepting my card. It's a visa card and works fine with every other international payment. Can someone help me out as soon as possible?

Hi Syed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

ikashifmahmood
Community Member

Hi,

I want to buy connect, but it shows "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Kashif,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
christiankw
Community Member

I am unable to buy my connects as every time I try to, I get this message, "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I have visa debit card.. This is the first time I am trying to add connects by letting upwork charge from the same account. Why is this happening now? 

christiankw
Community Member

I tried to attach to my Visa card in payment method to buy connects but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue. The card is active and working on other platforms.

Hi Kosgei,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try using this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Afterwards, you should be able to purchase Connects by following the instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hussain_ahd
Community Member

Hello Everyone

I have an issue my connects are finished i want to purchase more but Upwork not authorizing my card while from my bank side it's active and working I do shopping from other websites and it was working, then i want to submit a ticket to Upwork support but I can't find any area to submit a ticket please help anyone where I can submit a ticket.

Hi Hussain,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan

I clear cache and everything tried again and still not working check the attached screenshot 

Hi Hussain,

I'm sorry to hear that it is still not working. Could you please try to use an alternative payment method by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Its still not working 

Hi Hussain,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Joanne,

Thank you for your response, i am already using the same link you have sent. Is there any way I can use my already linked debit card to buy connects.

Regards.

4bc318cf
Community Member

Hi,

Please help. I tried to Buty more connects and upgrade my membership plan through my Paypal Account but the request wasn't processed.  My Papal Account has a sufficient balance and is linked to my Bank. 

Thanks

Hi Swanya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dawoodhussain85
Community Member

Hi,

I had already added a payment method and withdrawn amount recently but i am unable to buy more connects because my earnings are less than 1$. I am trying to buy more connects through my already linked debit card but all in vain.

Please Help...!!

Thankyou.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths