Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment was declined/We are unable to authorize your card

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
4111 of 4,254

Hi Shipu,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
abdullahaniq96
Abdullah A Member Since: Mar 26, 2021
4112 of 4,254

Hi, I'm facing issues in purchaing a membership plan for upwork. My local bank account isn't connecting with upwork. Whereas, my friend has the same bank account and it's working. I called my bank's helpline too, according to them there was no problem in my online banking services. Kindly respond me about how to resolve it. Thanks!

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4113 of 4,254

Hi Abdullah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kashiffumer
Kashif U Member Since: Apr 5, 2020
4114 of 4,254

To Whom It May Concern. 

The problem could be guessed from the subject as I am having this problem.  I met all the requirements I have activated my online session, and also verified my card from my bank and cleared all the cache and cookies, but still having this issue. 

Please resolve this as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4115 of 4,254

Hi Kashif,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
masoodwield
Masood M Member Since: Mar 28, 2016
4116 of 4,254

I'm also having the same issue with 2 banks debit cards (visa and MC). I checked with UpWork support team and they said it's Error 91 : Issuer unavailable or switch inoperative: Issuer Unavailable". I checked with the banks and they said there is no transaction appearing from Upwork. The cards I have tried are working just fine on other websites. Also, international transactions are enabled and the bank does not block any MCC codes.

Was someone able to resolve the issue?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4117 of 4,254

Hi Masood,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. Please continue to communicate with our team via your support ticket as they are the ones who can best assist you. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address and also here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
noor_upwork
Noor A Member Since: Mar 25, 2021
4118 of 4,254

Why i unable to buy connects ? While I have got a new international debit card.

Showing error "Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again."

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4119 of 4,254

Hi Noor,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or add another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
maasimrao
Aasim R Member Since: Jan 6, 2020
4120 of 4,254

Hi Miss Andrea,

I am facing the same issue when trying to upgrade my membership plan.

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I contacted bank and they said everything is fine on our side.
What could be the issue?

Thanks,

Aasim

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS