🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not able to buy connects via visa card
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Dawood,

I would like to clarify that in order to be able to purchase Connects you will need to add a Billing method. To learn more about our accepted Billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

@Goran - Thank you for your explaination, could you please help me with adding the billing method. Because i am providing the correct details.

Hi Dawood,

If you're receiving any errors please share the full text of the error you're receiving on your end so that I can guide you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

This is the error text.

Thank you for the follow up, Dawood.

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another billing method.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, i have checked with my bank and my account is enabled for international charges

Hi Dawood,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No one reached out.

Please let me know.

Hi Dawood,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren’t able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
iyer-ramesh
Community Member

Dear Team,

My previous debit card is expired. i want to add my new debit card detail in billing method but unable to add the same. while adding the system asking to contact bank. I have contacted the bank and completed all the procedure .I need to buy coonects after that.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rabiyashayan
Community Member

Hi

I am Facing the same issue i am trying to connect my visa card as a billing method but getting this same error can I get support on this 
Thanks

Hi Rabiya,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
2298c1ea
Community Member

Hi, i am trying to add my debit Mastercard in Billing method but face an error 'We could not authorize your card'. Although i used it before for purchasing connects. Help

Hi Kabeer,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

dekts
Community Member

Hello Team,

I am facing the same issue of unable to pay and buy connects. My debit card is active. Have tried more than 5 to 6 times but facing the same error message.

Please help.

Best,
Devat

Hi Devat,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as "recurring". Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zmproductions
Community Member

Hello Family!

I have faceing this problem when I update my payment method ...."sorry a critical component of this page failed to load. please reload the page"

Can any one help me how can fix it !

I will be appreciated!

Thanks & Regards

Imran

Hi IMRAN,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b95650fb
Community Member

Hello, I am not able to buy connects with my HDFC visa card. The card is successfully added in billing methods but whenever I try to buy connects it redirects me to same screen after taking otp. I talked to my bank and they say there is no problem with the card and ideally it should work.

Kindy help me out here.

Hi Mahima,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
muskannoor
Community Member

Hello,

I want to purchase membership plus and I have the amount in my account but when I purchase Upwork said, attach your bailing method, when I attached my Debit card then payment issue accrue I connect with my bank they said there is no issue on our side. What did I do?  please Solve my issue. My bank said, no payment issue on our side. 

Hi Nazia,

I just checked your account and I can see that you were able to add a Billing method and upgrade to our Plus plan. If further help is needed, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

eshu_j
Community Member

I'm getting this msg on the screen while purchasing the connects on upwork.

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Plz solve the issue ASAP.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eshu,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or you can try to add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Sir,

I have added Paypal method as billing method.  Please look once attached snap.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eshu,

Please add another credit card to your PayPal wallet and try to purchase Connects again. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2b680e43
Community Member

Hi. I'm having trouble buying connects in India. The whole process is smooth. But after I enter the OTP to purchase connects, it automatically lands me on the 'buy connects' page. Please help me!

Hi Adnan,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e28d3587
Community Member

Hi Onkar,

Just to confirm, are you receiving any errors on your end you're trying to purchase Connects? If yes, can you share the text of the error with me here? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey
Thank you for responding.
Here is the text of error

" Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method.or retry again later."

Waiting for your response,
Thank you,
Onkar.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Onkar,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rabiyashayan
Community Member

I am trying to purchase connects using my visa Debit card but I am facing an issue 
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I've contacted my bank they've told me that there is no issue from their side.
Can anyone help me out

Hi Rabiya,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

nick1690
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects with my card but i am not been able to

Hi Nikhil,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths