🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: We are unable to authorize your card. Ple...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

iyer-ramesh
Community Member

Dear Team,

My old debit card has expired and i updated new debited card in Billing Method.

Bank has already activated recurring transcation. Many times i am facing same problem and so many dates unable to buy connects .

Please look into it and assist for the same.

Regards,

Ramesh 

Hi Ramesh,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
hfareed7872
Community Member

Hello Upwork community experts,

I am new on Upwork and I want to by more connects, when I try to add my Mastercard Number, it is howing following notice:

[You are unable to authorize bank card]

I already connected to my bank, there is no any issue with that, I also tried to used my VISA card bank the same error is showing by system.

Do you have any info about it?

I am also not using any Promo Code nor I have anything like this.

Please help me to guide about this matter,

thank you

Hello Hafiz,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to complete Connect purchase. Could you please try purchasing Connects after clearing the cookies and cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser or card to check if the problem persists.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I tried another card, also tried another browser and cleaned
cookies history but the problem is same. can you tell me what is the
problem?

Hi Hafiz,

In that case, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

Boss, there is no any alternate method

Please contact the Upwork Support Team.
muhammadnadir21
Community Member

Whenever I add my visa card to the billing method it shows me the message

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".

My card is valid for other websites but it makes an error on just upwork.

please tell me whats the problem. 

I also debug by adding other cards like Mastercard and it accepted too.

I want to add my own card.

Hi Nadirm,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks, Andrea G.

Dear friend,

shephalidev
Community Member

Hello Upwork
I am getting the issue with buying connects , when I go buying connects after entering OTP, I always show a message of "Please select the "Buy Connects" button to continue." 
I have used multiple payment patterns but facing the same issue.
So Please help me regarding this issue.

Thanks
Shephali Pareek

Hi Shephali,

Could you try to clear your cache and cookies or log via another browser to try and purchase Connects? If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ameenizhar
Community Member

Can i purchase connect from my Card even if i have balance on upwork ?

Also, Can i use my upwork balance from my freelancer account and use that balance to hire another freelancer from my client account ?

Hi Muhammad,

When you click the "Buy Connects" button, could you please confirm the options you are seeing so I can check? 

As for your second question, please know that you will need to add a billing method to your client account to hire and pay for freelancers. Your Upwork balance is not transferrable. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
devansh2003
Community Member

my card does not support international payments and I want to buy tokens. it would be great if you can help me get some tokens

Hi Devansh,

I'm sorry to hear your card does not support international payments. You could try using any other of the available billing methods to buy Connects. You can learn more about those here.

Hope this helps!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
shekhtosif34
Community Member

Hi Tosif,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. They should be able to help you with that. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

saroj_rajput
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team

I have been facing problems in buying connects. Whenever I add my card and Paypal, it shows that your payment could not be processed. What should I do? Please resolve this issue as soon as possible. As I am not able to bid and get any projects for myself to earn. 

Hi Saroj,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Its still not resolved. Any other billing method to buy connects?

Hi Saroj,

There are three billing methods available to freelancers in order to buy Connects: credit or debit card, PayPal, and Upwork balance. You can learn more here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Still Not workedupwork 1.PNG

Hi Saroj,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

Yes But it could not help. I am not able to bid anymore due to no connects.
c2c7bd59
Community Member

I'm facing an error every time, I have tried to buy a connects too many times from Agencies accounts but the process goes till payment method I put the OTP and after that my transaction is not successful. 

Kinldy request you help me on this.

Hi Thilak,

Could you please try again using a different browser or after clearing your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c2c7bd59
Community Member

Hi,

Eventhough i'm facing the same issue.
I tried all the possibilities. Kindly help me further

Hi Thilak,

I'm sorry to hear that. I would just like to clarify, are you seeing any errors when you tried to purchase Connects? I can see that you already have successfully added your billing method on file. Could you please share a screenshot? However, if the issue is with your billing method's OTP, you might want to check with your issuing bank. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
vanitha89
Community Member

Hello. I am unable to purchase connects. In the card details page it shows blank. I tried clearing cache and also multiple browsers (Chrome, opera) but it doesn't work. Please refer to the attachment. Kindly help

NOTE: For the first time before adding the card i was able to see the payment methods. Once i added the card the page looks blank everytime when i hit

I tried in another browser but still the card detail page is blank. Please help.

You have to add the card details in this page first

https://www.upwork.com/ab/payments/deposit-methods

Hi Vanitha,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
darcyfitzwilliam
Community Member

I did my first job and I earn 10 dollars, but at first I used a nickname because I didn't know that I must use my real name, and I add my credit card informations my ID card. After that, there is a problem with my nickname, and I learned that I need to use my real name and I changed but now I cannot use my money please help me I want to but connects for new jobs.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths