cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Connects

ogulcanozarslan
Ogulcan O Member Since: Dec 16, 2016
4241 of 4,372

I'm unable to buy connects since the "Save" button does not do anything. In the page below I choose the amount of connects I want to buy, and then I click on the "Buy Connects" button, in the sidebar I choose card payment and fill the inputs with my credit card information. When I click on the "Save" button nothing happens. I have tried to buy connects for 15-20 times but the page does not work!

https://www.upwork.com/nx/plans/connects/buy

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
4242 of 4,372

Hi Ogulcan,

I'd like to point out that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as "recurring". You may want to contact your card-issuing bank to confirm they allow recurring transactions or use any other of the available billing methods. If the problem persists, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
joefavour
Joshua O Member Since: Jun 4, 2021
4243 of 4,372
Hello Joanne.
I'm trying to add my Visa card as a billing method but, I keep getting we are unable to authorize your card. Please help😣
luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
4244 of 4,372

Hi Joshua,

Some card-issuing banks restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as "recurring". Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ashish_dhabale
Ashish D Member Since: Nov 12, 2019
4245 of 4,372
Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

muhammadahmadali
Muhammad Ahmad A Member Since: Jun 9, 2021
4246 of 4,372

Hi,

i'm getting this error message 'We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.'. I'm trying to add my UBL mastercard into Billing method from a week but getting same error. How can i add my mastercard into billing method?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4247 of 4,372

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~Andrea
Upwork
ashish_dhabale
Ashish D Member Since: Nov 12, 2019
4248 of 4,372
Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

gardubz
Abhishek D Member Since: Jun 10, 2021
4249 of 4,372

I am facing the same issue. I have tried via three different options. I am able to do international transaction from the same card. Does upwork prohibits new freelancers to take PLUS membership right after joining?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4250 of 4,372

Hi Abhishek,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~Andrea
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS