🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Ahmed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am waiting for 1 day. Please help. I want to buy connect with my money that I earned. Please I want to take job.

Hi Ahmed,

I checked your account and I can see that you're communicating with our team on your ticket. Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ajayaghosh-ajaya
Community Member

Hello,

I couldn't buy connect  using my Paypal account an

Hi Ajayaghosh,

In many cases, PayPal could be used for purchasing Connects. Click here to see the options available to you. Please check this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ogulcanozarslan
Community Member

I'm unable to buy connects since the "Save" button does not do anything. In the page below I choose the amount of connects I want to buy, and then I click on the "Buy Connects" button, in the sidebar I choose card payment and fill the inputs with my credit card information. When I click on the "Save" button nothing happens. I have tried to buy connects for 15-20 times but the page does not work!

https://www.upwork.com/nx/plans/connects/buy

Hi Ogulcan,

I'd like to point out that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as "recurring". You may want to contact your card-issuing bank to confirm they allow recurring transactions or use any other of the available billing methods. If the problem persists, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
joefavour
Community Member

Hello Joanne.
I'm trying to add my Visa card as a billing method but, I keep getting we are unable to authorize your card. Please help😣

Hi Joshua,

Some card-issuing banks restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as "recurring". Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

muhammadahmadali
Community Member

Hi,

i'm getting this error message 'We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.'. I'm trying to add my UBL mastercard into Billing method from a week but getting same error. How can i add my mastercard into billing method?

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

I am facing the same issue. I have tried via three different options. I am able to do international transaction from the same card. Does upwork prohibits new freelancers to take PLUS membership right after joining?

Hi Abhishek,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~Andrea
Upwork
nakiyamcfadden
Community Member

I'm trying to add a direct deposit billing method. I entered all the information I need and clicked add. But it gets stuck loading and never finishes. I've also tried using different computers and get the same results. Please Help!

Hi Nakiya,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I reset my browser and cookies and have tried other browsers and I'm still stuck trying to adding my payment information. Any ideas on what else I should do?

Hi Nakiya,

I see that you got in touch with the team and were able to add the payment method successfully. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
remotework24x7
Community Member

When i am going to purchase connects its always show this error

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Hemant,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from the your PayPal wallet.

You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods

~ Nikola
Upwork

Now I have changed my primary payment method. same error show here

Your payment could not be processed. Please *choose an alternate payment
method* or retry again later.

Hi Hemant,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e7d983b3
Community Member

hi there, iam having issue in buying connects and buying membership,becuase i dont know why upwork is not accepting my visa debit card, kindly alow me to use my father's visa credit card so that i can buy membership.

thank you 

Hi Ashar,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error with me here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

ash_vithalani
Community Member

I am seeing that erroe when i cam adding billing method

'' Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again ''

Hi Ashwin,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
remotework24x7
Community Member

I have used my visa card to buy connects but still its show choose alternate method. can you please help?

Hi Hemant,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

efab8c17
Community Member

I cant able to buy connects can anyone help me. I tried with paypal and debit card methods. I cant able to buy
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Surya,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

You can easily buy connects using your debit card. Just check whether it
supports international payments. A simple visa or mastercard will do.

Hello there im facing the same issue, today i add my local bank account for getting paid l,after that i add debit card and paypal to billing methods to buy connects, it doesnt works. "It shows your bank unable to verify your identity". What can i do for this issue
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Surya,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ’recurring’.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
akbarriz123
Community Member

Whenever I try to buy connects, upon entering my Visa Card details I get this error: 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Please assist.

Thanking you,

Akbar Rizvi

Hi Syed Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like the transaction is being declined by your card-issuing bank. You might want to use a different payment method. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
agarwalgg
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to buy connects through International credit card. I entered all the details and at the bottom can see a Save button. When I click on Save button nothing happens. I tried edge and chrome browser but with same result. Please let me know if my account has been set up correctly or otherwise what can be the issue.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gaurav,

Could you please try adding your billing method first? Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Afterwards, you should be able to purchase Connects by following the instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths