🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: unable to authorize your card and Your ca...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

rahsaancreator
Community Member

Hi I'm new but I can't upload payment method or buy connects. Thank you for helping

Hi Rahsaan,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
usman80824
Community Member

Hi,

I want to change my Upwork plan fron Basic to Plus and also want to buy connects my card is active and have enough balance to buy connects but when I go to buy the following message show...

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Please guide me what should i do.

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the transaction is being declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ’recurring’. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I also contact my bank they said your all services are active and the payment decline is not on our end plz contact the Upwork the issue is there.

So, that's why i need some guidence how my payment declined issue reslove

I apply my debit card in upwork payment method

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear you kept on having the same issue. One of our agents reached out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

I can't find my solution of billing method please help me out and solve the issue. How upwork agent reached me to futher assist me.

Hi Muhammad,

I can confirm one of our agents has reached out to you via support ticket here. Please feel free to reply to them directly if you have any further questions.

~Andrea
Upwork
shaguftaejaz3
Community Member

Hi i am new to upwork..i want to buy more connect as i have finished..but when i am verifying my visa debit card for billing method it not being authorized by upwork..however everywhere it is active and allowed for e commerce...why is it so not on upwork?

Hello Shagufta,

Thank you for your message. Please check with your card issuing bank if the international payments are enabled. You can also try using a different card to proceed with your purchase.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

thanks alot for your response...but problem is that i have only 1 active
account and i have also confirmed from my issuing bank they confirmed that
my card is active for any e commerce..its true because i had been paying my
fees for different online international courses...
Reagrds
Shagufta ejaz

Hi Shagufta,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

freelancer_azeem
Community Member

Hi. I recently tried to buy connects through my visa card. However ended up with message something like, use alternate method or try later. By reading some posts I found that same issue existed with other users as well.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Same problem unable to buy connects

Hi Vivek,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I also need help to purchase connects from Nicaragua.

Hi Mirkala,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi 

I'm having trouble while buying connects, i used my Visa card and also Paypal account but both are not billing help me to resolve this issue.

Hi Hariharan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have same problem making payments for connects purchase using my visa card. It declined I contacted my bank they say everything is good from their end.

Hi Zahaib,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b06dda78
Community Member

i am facing problam while buying connects i trying by my already added payment method through paypal and i also try with my mastercard still its not happaning please help me .

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shahnaz,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3509bb6b
Community Member

Hello.

I hope you will be fine. I recently tried to buy connects through my visa card. However ended up with a message like, use an alternate method or try later.

Kindly help me.

Thanks,

Regards,

Muhammad Talha

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined because the bank is not responding. Please try again later and let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
atha
Community Member

Hi,

I am not able to buy the connects or upgrade my membership through my master card as well as Paypal. Please help.

On buying connect page every thing goes smooth till the OTP after entering the OTP i land back on the buy connect page with no change in connects.

Regards,

Ashish

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashish,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hamzasiddique80
Community Member

Hi Upwork community, can we use the same bank card on more than one Upwork seller profile to buy connects?
is there any problem with using the same bank card on more than one profile to buy connects?

Hi Hamza,

You can add another person's card to your account in order to buy Connects as long as they have authorized you to use it. That said, please note that you may both be asked to undergo ID verification to confirm that you do not have duplicate accounts. Learn more here.

~Andrea
Upwork
mokuroku
Community Member

Hello. When I try to add my new virtual card - An error message We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank appears. I contacted my bank - everything is fine with the card. How can I fix this?

Hi Andrei,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
asadrana3947
Community Member

Adding billing method issue.
I tried to attach my debit VISA card as a billing method and it keeps giving me this error message, "we are unable to authorize your card, please contact your bank" and I tried to contact my bank and they told me there is no issue on their end.  Then I tried my master card from a different bank and different account and still the same issue. I tried to use it on different other online shopping platforms and my card is working totally fine.

Please help.

Thank you,

Asad

Hi Asad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
angel_1387
Community Member

Hello there, upwok team.. reagarding to Billing method..I tried to attach to my mastercard in billing  method but its showing unable to authorize your card. And I tried to link paypal link but it says "Your card was declined. Try a different card". Please how can I resolve this issue

Hi Marie,

I checked and it looks like the charge is being declined. I suggest that you check with your bank for more information on why that is happening. They should be able to help you out with that! Regarding PayPal, I suggest retrying the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet. In the meantime, you can check this help article for more information on acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths