🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Setup payment method to buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
hardik_pansuriya
Community Member

when i try to buy more connect it show your payment  method faill. and its say in payment $0  And it faill to purches connect

Hi Hardik,

Could you please share the full text of the error you have received on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please select the "Buy Connects" button to continue. they just show this line And when i buy connect And enter otp they redirect me of buy connect page

Hi Hardik,

Could you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to purchase Connects? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

ok i try it

simongoodman82
Community Member

Hi, when I go to buy connects it tells me to buy connects.
I've been through the process to setup a card payment (VISA debit) but when I go to save nothing happens, just 'save' is pressed but unactioned.

Can anyone help with this please?
Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Could you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to add your billing method? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, all done. Logged in via different broswer after clearing cache in Brave didn't work. 

Thanks very much!!!

Simon

Hey Simon,

Please refresh the browser and clean the cache.
Then try again.
It will be helpful.

thanks, I'll try this soon

zdwork07
Community Member

Hey

I am rahul from India can you please help I am can't connect buying I am saving the details of my debit card but still I am facing the issue.

Hi Rahul,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that helps? If it doesn't, please let us know and share a screenshot from your end so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey

Thanks for the reply to my issue can you please let me know when I bought the connect so that time I'll save the debit card details or credit card needs, please.

Hi Rahul,

You can add a billing method on this page and check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
raheelt
Community Member

Hi 

I am trying to buy connects but it shows an error while saving my visa card details. I have contacted the bank and they are saying there isn't any issue from their end.

Hi Raheel,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
c90dc221
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue. Not able to buy connects. Kindly help. 

Hi Anuj,

I checked and it looks like you already created this support ticket regarding your issue with purchasing Connects. I'll follow up with the team and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
neha9979
Community Member

Hello,

I want to upgade my membership from Freelancer Basic to Freelancer Plus. But I am not able to do that because I am getting an error "Payment was declined".

Hi Neha,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

vaghasiya_ankur
Community Member

Hi,

I wanted to place a bid but there is no balance available in my wallet. so I thought to add my billing details and buy more connections but unfortunately, I can not add the billing method with my debit card details.

Can I use someone's bank account/debit card to pay for the connection?? If not, can you please suggest a way to buy a connection for one time?

Thanks

Hi Ankur,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ’recurring’.

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
shuthi
Community Member

Paypal interface is not working , im trying to buy connects through INR , can some help on this.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sruthi,

I would like to clarify that you will need to have a verified PayPal account with a credit/debit card connected in order to be able to purchase Connects. To learn more about available billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mahaks15
Community Member

hello

I am new on Upwork. 

I tried to add my card under Billing Method but it keeps showing an error message- we are unable to authorize your card. I tried 2 cards of mine. It failed for both the cards.

please help.

Hi Mahak,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to try and add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello 

As I wasn't sure about my 1st card, I tried another card, which is definitely enabled for  international charges. Still it wasnt accepted.

i dont know whatelse to do.

i have an offer waiting too which i need to accept .I cant accept it until i add my billing details.

Hi Mahak,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and willassist you further with your billing method.  I would also like to clarify that you should be able to accept an offer at any time, regardless if you have a connected billing method or not. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you so much Goran V

I thought I should have a billing method added first before accepting any offer.

this is great to hear that i dont need to wait. i will accept the offer and will be waiting for support member for further assistance.

ayeshasheharyar
Community Member

Hello,
My earnings recently went from pending to available. However when I go to settings tab, I dont see a 'membership and connects' tab. How should I buy connects?

Hi Ayesha,

Before purchasing Connects or a membership plan, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account this is because if your balance isn't sufficient, we'll charge your chosen billing method. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,
At present my earnings are sufficient to buy connects. Do I still have to add a billing method?

Hi Ayesha,

Yes, you need to add a billing method. I encourage you to check the help article I shared for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bukharidesign
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hey, I am unable to add billing method. The card works on other websites though

Hi Ahsen,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to try and add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shahinsultana36
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add visa card as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

can you help me???

Hi Shahin,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d05d0602
Community Member

Hi, I want to buy connects using my paypal balance, but I keep getting a window from paypal asking me for a creditcard, I dont have a creditcard/bank account at the moment, I just want to use my paypal balance. I have already configured my paypal to use my balance for online transactions so it should work in buying connects, right? Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Genesis,

Please know that while a payment method needs to be linked, PayPal should charge your available balance by default before any other payment method. Feel free to reach out to PayPal customer service for more details. You can find advice on how to add your PayPal account as a billing method here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths