🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to buy connects.
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
d05d0602
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

I only have this issue with upwork. In other sites, paypal lets me purchase without problems.

3285ad17
Community Member

Hi Goran,

I am unable to input my Debit VIsa card to yhe billing method on Upwork. Can you please my request forward.

It say "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Best,

Sardar Ahmed Yar

Hi Sardar,

I checked and it looks like the charge is being declined. I suggest that you check with your bank for more information on why that is happening. They should be able to help you out with that! In the meantime, you can check this help article for more information on acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
emmanuel_great
Community Member

Spoiler

Added my MasterCard to my billing method and it says charge failed

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the declined transaction. I see that your transaction was declined due to insufficient funds or over credit limit charge. Kindly contact your bank to confirm funds or limit on your card. You can also try again using a different card.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I am facing the same issue with two different cards

Hi Ashish,

I checked and it looks like the charge is being declined. I suggest that you check with your bank for more information on why that is happening. They should be able to help you out with that! Regarding PayPal, I suggest retrying the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet. In the meantime, you can check this help article for more information on acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

You can see I have done transactions with two different Visa cards . My
first bank debit card was fine well later I used the new one it's giving
same error while on other platforms these working well.
I can understand if this issue persist with one debit card but if it
happens with two from two different banks then there is problem at your
platform. Please ask your technical team to resolve this
shahinoorrahaman
Community Member

I have a Visa card but Unfortunatly I have no passport. How can i buy connect. Already my connect run out. please advise me.

thank you

Hi Shahinoor,

You can use your card to purchase Connects. Learn how here.

~Andrea
Upwork
soniafernando82
Community Member

Hello I am unable to buy connects.I was able to do so until 3 days back.I have updated my browser as well, but always get stuck while on the OTP page.

Hi Sonia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your email.
ecc94534
Community Member

Hi, I hope this message finds you well.

I've tried many times but I'm unable to attach my payment method and that is a VISA debit card.

I get a message like this one: "we are unable to authorize your card. Please attach any other payment method or contact your issuing bank"

I have contacted my issuing bank and they said everything is normal at their end my card is activated for eCommerce use.

How I can resolve this issue? What could be the reason?

Debit Cards fail most of the time on upwork. Please use a credit card and payment should go through! 

I also have a same problem and only have a debit card.

Hi Usman,

I checked and it looks like the charge is being declined. I suggest that you check with your bank for more information on why that is happening. They should be able to help you out with that! In the meantime, you can check this help article for more information on acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

dbf3ef74
Community Member

Hi, 

I am low on connects so I am using my own debit card to purchase 20 connects which is like $3.But, there is an error message which says

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." 

I can't seem to  understand  the reason behind it.I am using my own debit card with my name on it, on top of that I have more than sufficent fund so low balance cannot be an issue. Can anyone help me with this??

Hi Abiaz,

We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Abiaz,

Thank you for your patience. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

Dear friend,

f_online
Community Member

Hi! 

Not able to buy connect talked to my Bank it says international payments are active on the card ask Upwork to do the necesarry corrections

Thanks

Azam

Azam K wrote:

Hi! 

Not able to buy connect talked to my Bank it says international payments are active on the card ask Upwork to do the necesarry corrections

Thanks

Azam

Not related to your question, but you need to change all the "we" to "I", otherwise it sounds as if you are representing a group of people. 

Hi Azam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks a Lot! Would really appreciate that

kayjaysingh
Community Member

I am getting this error while adding my billing method

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Please Help!!!

Hi Kamaljit,

I checked and it looks like the transaction was declined by your issuing bank. You might want to reach out to them directly so that they can check the specific decline error. You may also consider using a different billing method. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

e3f1dbe8
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects, I am getting this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."  Tried to to buy direct from my VISA card but still the same error

Hi Ruheza,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods here.   

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

rpatrayan
Community Member

Hello,

I want to buy connects. I have added my debit card details on Upwork successfully. Now, I am tring to buy connects. After completing all the steps for "buy connects" process , I am landing on the the same page "buy connects" without getting connects. I have tried multiple times but could not get connects. Could anyone help me to rectify this problem?

Thank You.

Dear friend,

Hi Rajesh,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
325a7c9e
Community Member

Hello,

I’m new to this platform, that’s why I will kindly ask you this question…

At the moment I don't have any money to afford connects. Therefore, I would like to use the 10 dollars I have earned through upwork.

Can someone please tell me how it works or if it is even possible?

Thank you in advance for a short feedback.

I have the same Issue . can anybody advise 

Hi Faik and Adeeb,

When buying Connects, if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. If not, the full amount will be charged to your primary billing method. You can check out this help article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Yes my friend, you can use your Upwork earnings to buy connects.
: )
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths