🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Kiran,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
zainul_abideen
Community Member

Hello Upwork,
As I am new to upwork and recently I used all of my connects and now I want to buy some more.When I enter my visa card, a message appear "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."
I also contact  with my bank but they said the card is active and working fine.So how to fix this issue?Please help

Hi Zain,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I did not hear back from any of upwork team member yet.Please contact with me soon to solve my critical and serious issue.
Regards

Hi Zain,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bestfor
Community Member

Hi There,
I wanted to upgrade my "Freelancer Plus". But currently, I don't have any any  
Credit or Debit Card. Can I use my friend's card to upgrade my membership plan?
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Ishtiaque and Anand,

Ishtiaque, as long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account and use it to purchase Membership plus. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Anand, one of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I have added my debit card successfully and upward many times deducting $1 each time from my account. Whevever i try to buy connects it says your account is not updated or payment declined.

Please help i am from Pakistan and paypal do not work here. I have a standard chartered visa debit card.

Hi Naveed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
anandshaw11
Community Member

Hello, I am not able to purchase connect, I tried all the method, whatever previously discussed by everyone. Please help me..
sainiriya
Community Member

How can i buy connects?

I have tried it through using mastercard but every time i tried it declined.

Hi RAJINDER,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects. As a gentle reminder, please note that your profile must include a photo of yourself.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fatimaniazi
Community Member

I have some earnings and I want to with drw them all as I need it now. If I have no earnings in my aacout and I want ot buy connects how can I buy them my card does not allow intl payments and when I tried my friends cars for payment they blocked my account and then I struggled and get it unlocked.

Hi Fatima,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Purchasing Connects can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying connects please read this help article. To see the options available to you, click here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Everyone,

I tried alot i can't buy connects and aslo plus membership. i am from Pakistan i am using visa debit card Please help me.

Payment was declined.
whenever i am trying to buy connects or plus membership this error shows: Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Looking forward.

Thanks,
Junaid

Hi Junaid,

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
atifmusheer
Community Member

Hi 

I am a verfied freelancer and I am unable to buy connects at the moment. 

I have used the same Creit Card to buy connects for the first time, now I need to buy more it is declining the payment. and below is the message that is appearing in Billing Method

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Hi Atif,

~ Goran
Upwork
amitiupwork
Community Member

while i was buying my connects with my verified paypal acount it says Charge failed, please help new at upwork

Hi Amiti,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
devenderkumar75
Community Member

i want to buy connects of dollar 10 with my bank account but it always declined. i also contacted with my branch they says its all ok from bank.

If you are from US, you can use your bank account to buy the connects.

If not, you cannot buy the connects using your bank account, instead you can use credit / debit card. Make sure it is enabled to do online / international transaction.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067988-Billing-Methods

Hi Devender,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for connects purchasing.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ishu_63
Community Member

Hi,

I am getting the problem during puchasing of the connects from my debit card.

Its shows as follows:

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Please resolve this ASAP.

Thanks,

Ishan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ishan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
angeladgupworkp
Community Member

I am having a problem buying connects. I already tried paying using Paypal and my 2 debit cards. Can you please help me? 😞

Hi Angela,

I'll go ahead and escalate your concern to our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sreenithkunju
Community Member

Unable to buy connects because of payment option being declined. Please help me

Hi Sreenith,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your billing method is active but the charge on your card was declined. Please double check with your bank about this or add another billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
khansaad416
Community Member

I am receiving below error,
Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.
As per bank my International Transactions are active agaisnt this card. \please help

Hi Saad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
eyalei
Community Member

want to get additional connets but doesn't have balance on my upwork so i use other payment method but upwork decline payment, wondering what is the problem?

Hi Lea,

You can most certainly buy connects using a different form of payment than your Upwork balance, and the payment issue you're having is most likely related to your specific card/bank, and not Upwork. I recommend you to try another card first (if you have one), and then contact Upwork team directly if you're still having issues.

Hi Lea,

Unfortunately, it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please double check with your bank about this or add another billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
anrey31
Community Member

Can not add a debit card all fields show an errors however they are filled correctly.

How to fix this issue?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Andrey,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sreenithkunju
Community Member

Inspite of adding 3 different payment methods i am facing a problem with buying connects... Please help...

Hi Sreenith,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abdelaziz1994
Community Member

Hello Hope every thing is going well ,I would like to know why i can't buy connections with my paypal account

Hi Abdelaziz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with more details and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members