🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
cerebro2202
Community Member

I am adding connects for the first time. I tried Paypal but it fails. Also tried adding connects using debit card but it was not added. It was failing. Please suggest how to proceed. If you could check logs against my username and see what is causing this to break.

Hi Sonali,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6c585381
Community Member

Dear Upwork team,

I have tried many times to buy Upwork connects but received a declined message saying that "Your payment could not be processed". I have Mastercard. I contacted my bank they says your Mastercard is okay to send or receive money. Please provide assistance as soon as possible. I'm attaching the screenshot.

Thank You

Hi Manish,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Arsalan,

One of our agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
3d7255ab
Community Member

I try to create billing method. I enter information of my debit card correctly but I get message from upwork "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." I am entering information correctly. I rechecked by calling to my bank and the information I am entering is correct.Please inform me why is it happening?Kindly guide me why is it happening?

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for reaching out to me.I provide all information correct and still
don't able to understand why upwork is not accepting my billing method. If
you pin point my fault , where I am doing wrong. I can immediately correct
it. Thanks!

Hi Mustafa,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
lizzdizz
Community Member

Why am I being asked to enter a debit or credit card if I choose to use Paypal to purchase connects?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lizzie, 

It sounds like you do not have a payment method in your Paypal wallet. Please add a payment method in your Paypal wallet to be able to use it as a billing method on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f6d51f46
Community Member

Hello Team,

I am still not able to buy connects via paypal or debit card.
Not getting exact reason what's wrong in the system.
Or can you share what should I do now?
Can anyone please check will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Garima
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Garima, 

It looks like your issuing bank declined this transaction. Please contact your bank for more information on why this transaction was declined.

In the meantime, please try adding a new billing method to your account to be able to purchase Connects for your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
compulon
Community Member

I need to buy Connect and that is why I will pay with PayPal, however, every time I try to do so, it asks me to associate a credit card with my PayPal account, but I already have a card associated with that PayPal account. Therefore, I don't understand why it forces me to make that association. I need to resolve this urgently

Hi Mauro,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
neha-1991
Community Member

Hi Support,

I am facing this issue from last week. This is very unexpected from your side. Please check my issue and confirm me what I am doing wrong. I want to add more connects it is very important time for work purpose.

I hope you will take the action immediately.

I shall await your response.

Kind regards
Neha Biradar
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neha,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for purchasing connects.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ashish_dhabale
Community Member

Whenever I try to buy connects using PayPal, "Charge Failed" is displayed in 'Billing Methods' section!

And, when I try to buy connects using Debit Card, "Payment was declined" is displayed in 'Billing Methds' section!!

I have no any Credit Card.

What to do now?

Hi Ashish,

I checked this for you and you have no added billing methods so far. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sankalpraga
Community Member

My Mastercard payment is declining

Hi Sankalp,

~ Goran
Upwork

Please help me regarding this could you give me ticket number
dhirenalli
Community Member

I am facing the same issue. Please le me know what to do

Dhiren

Dhiren
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dhirendra, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your issuing bank declined this transaction. Please contact your bank directly for more information on why this transaction was declined. 

In the meantime, please add a new billing method to purchase Connects for your Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
usman_755
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Why am I getting this message while purchasing connects. Can you please tell me how can I solve this. 
thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Usman,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ashish_dhabale
Community Member

Whenever I try buy connects, a message is displayed "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later". 

Hi Ashish,

I checked your account and it seems that your issuing bank declined this transaction. Please contact your bank directly for more information on why this transaction was declined. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for your answer. What else can I do to buy connects?

Hi Ashish,

You can always try adding another method for purchasing Connects. Kindly go to this page and check the options available for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
amritpal1412
Community Member

I am trying to add my Visa debit card but it's showing "payment method delined" Please help me out.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Amritpal,

I checked and it seems that your issuing bank declined this transaction. Please contact your bank directly for more information on why this transaction was declined. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bambi-ortiz
Community Member

I'm trying to purchase more connects. I get as far as entering my payment information and when I submit it for the purchase, a little window pops up and says EDIT BILLING INFORMATION but that's all that is seen., no other information. Is there an issue right now and should I try again later, or is there another way to complete my purchase?

Hi Bambi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wouterkooij
Community Member

Hi there, 

When I try to buy new connections my credit card is not accepted and I need to add a different payment method. My card is working fully working when I do transactions with other companies. 

Hi Wouter,

One of our Customer support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f723314b
Community Member

After adding and editing billing method over and again and charged by the UPWork for USD 1 each time, I am still unable to pay through my Visa debit card. What's the issue?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi WAHAB,

~ Bojan
Upwork
wasim_ch57
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to buy Credits with my Debit Card, card is successfully added and test transaction is also went through, but when I try to make payment for credits it says your payment is declined.

Anyone can help whats the issue?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths