🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Barkha,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble purchasing Connects. Are you getting any error messages when you tried to purchase Connects?

~ Joanne
Upwork
267585fb
Community Member

Hello, how can I buy connects using BDO online banking? The card says its not authorize.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nina Franchesca,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kamv
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to buy connects, and I've used both the options Debit Card and PayPal. But in both the options, I'm getting the issue of "Payment not processed". Can you please help me with the same?

Thanks & Regards,

Kamlesh Kumar

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kamlesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My friend,

The Card that you are using in “Billing&payments” may not be compatible
with international payment.

First make sure that the Card you added to the “Billing&payments” is
suitable for international payments, as some cards may not be compatible
with international payments.

Even then, if you face the same problem, please contact the payment issuing
bank and inquire why the payment is being declined.

I hope, the issue will be resolved.
shiza_umair
Community Member

I want to change my membership plan but it always show that your pament couls not be processed 

kindly help me regarding this. Thanks

Hi Shiza,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
adil_saiyad
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Adil,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My friend,

waaqas
Community Member

My payment declined with this message (Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.) I checked with my bank they said that the problem is in merchant side. Kindly help me on this.

Hi Waqas,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi.i have the same issue as well

i have the same issue as well。

My friend,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ching Nian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

My friend,

bilal_tahir_
Community Member

I am from Pakistan when I am trying to purchase connect on upwork but cards do not allow to pay to Upwork please guide me ..

Hi Bilal,

I checked your account and can confirm that this transaction was declined by your issuing bank. Please check this with your local bank for more information on why this transaction was declined. 

In the meantime, please add a different billing method to be able to purchase Connects for your Upwork account.  

~ Avery
Upwork

Have some alternative methods? like direct bank transfer or other

My payment declined with this message (Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.) I checked with my bank they said that the problem is in the merchant side. Kindly help me with this.

Hi Bilal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem. Can Someone reach me out as well via tickets please.

Hi Usama,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
musa_kazim_onder
Community Member

I am Musa Kazim from Turkey.

Today, I have tried to buy connect using my bank card

So Have resgister my bank card and it saids successfully updated.

But when I buy connects on Membership & Conncts Tab, It said should use the other alternative way.

I am new here and i don't know tha't why.

If have experiences then hope to contact or write to me.

Thanks

Musa Kazim Onder

Hi Musa Kazim,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ashish_dhabale
Community Member

Whenever I try to buy connects, I am prompted_

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I have added  Debit card compatible with international payments. Still the problem persists.

Hi Ashish, 

It looks like your bank declined this transaction. Kindly contact your issuing bank for more information why this transaction was declined. In the meantime, please try adding a different billing method to be able to purchase Connects for your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I contacted the payment issuing bank. Those people checked the complete
system and said that there is no problem from the bank side. Moreover I
personally contacted support team of my payment issuing bank. They also
made it clear that there is no problem for any international payment from
there side.
So where is the problem?

Hi Ashish,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ermirdemhasi
Community Member

I linked my paypal account and I have money in my paypal.

But failed to buy some connects. 

Hi Ermir, 

I checked your account, and you may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
sehrishtariq892
Community Member

Right now, I have applied for membership plus to add more connects to my profile but my payment was declined. But my bank account indicates that the balance has been debited. Please help!! How can I solve this.

Hi Shrish,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ameerr
Community Member

I want to buy connections and upgrade my membership from free to freelancer plus. Though my payment method is verified as Upwork charged $1 from my account but I can purchase neither connects nor membership plan.

It says you can not proceed with this payment method. I only have only one master debit card.

Plz, solve this issue.Your response are welcomed. 
thanks
with kind regards
ameer
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ameer.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sultan_muhammad_
Community Member

HI, i am new in upwork, and i want to buy moew connects, but when i am adding my Debit card for payment, Upwork return an error that says that " We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. "

Can someone please help me out.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ndembo-r
Community Member

Hi everyone!

This is Rahim Ndembo from daresalaam Tanzania

Guys I've got a situation,

I want to buy connects via my payoneer acc, however, my payoneer is still a virtual card since not yet received the actual one, i just wanna know if i can i buy connects by using my virtual acc.

My last payment from upwork was sent direct to my payoneer acc immediately after selecting payoneer as my preferred acc, so why i get paid through payoneer but i cant use it to buy connects?

When i clic to add payment method, payoneer does not displaying, instead upwork display two altenatives which is paypal and add actual card details, generally i cant add payoneer card details because i dont have the actual card yet,

what should i do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths