🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

HI Bojan, 

I have the same issue. I've contacted my bank and they have infromed me that the issue is from UpWork. Can you please help? Thank you.

Hi Iqra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have the same issue kindly help.

The issue due to the policy of the State Bank of Pakistan.

As Credit/Debit Card user cannot add his/her card to any subscription website.

We may do payment but the card will not be authenticated.

Waiting for your kind response.

Hi Ahmad,

One of our Customer support agents will reach out to you as well and will assist you further with your bank account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Dear,

Waiting for further response.

Hello, I am facing the same problem. I am trying to buy connects but my Visa card keeps geting declined. I used my brother's card just to be sure and his doesnt work either. Please let me know when someone from the staff can help me with this matter because it is very urgent. Thanks and take care. 

Hi Blend,

I was facing the same issue; I don't know about your country but in Pakistan, because of security reasons they do not allow us to add the debit card into a subscription-based website (like Upwork) as these sites save our card information and bank automatically declined these kinds of verification requests).

So best solution is to check with your Bank, if they have a same rule, and they will also let you know if the card has been declined by your Bank or not.

Hi Blend,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Urgent please, since the past four days, I've been unable to buy connects on Upwork with my Mastercard. Just the same response the op get is what I get.

It's telling me payment declined. Please help me out. I complained to my bank and but they said there's no problem with my card.

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Hi Godwin,

I checked, and it looks like your issuing bank declined the transaction. Please reach out to them to confirm the specific decline error. You may also consider using a different billing method. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Bojan,
I am also facing this issue, while trying to add billing method I used my Visa Debit card but it was declined by upwork though I have checked from my bank multiple time as well but there might be some issue at Upwork payment gateway.
Please help me out on this as I am new to this network and right now out of "connect" to submit any proposal.

Regards,

Shahzib,

The problem is not with Upwork Payment Gateway, it's because of the policy of State Bank of Pakistan.

You have to have a Credit Card for such kind of payment; I was facing the same issue, even I have the SCB's Debit Card.

Let me know if you need any help.

BR,

Ahmad Wajeeh.

Ok Thanks for your valuable input.

Hi kashif,

Please contacat your bank officials and know whether your visa card allow foreign payments. 

sometimes you must upgrade your visa card or switch on the foreign transaction through a sms.

Then it will work .For both you must contact bank officials .

I solved my problem through this 

All the Best

Hi team, I am trying to purchase connects and I am trying to add billing methos. i have tried with my Visa card, my cart has foreign payment enables as I asked from Bank. but I am getting below message

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Rishma,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I tried to use paypal but in India PayPal does not provide services.

Hi Rishma,

I can confirm Paypal does provide service in India. Are you experiencing any problem adding Paypal to your Upwork account? Alternatively, you may use any of the other available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I tried master credit card that is global and international payment is enabled on it but upwork does't accept that. I tried to add paypal but there is no Indian state name . So what state i can select?

Hi Rishma,

Thank you for following up. Regarding your credit card, I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a screenshot of the error message you receive when you try to add a PayPal? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi team, hope you are doing well. Is there any other way to purchase connects. On my debit card there is no last name. I think that's why it does not accept. My documents also don't have last name that i submitted in bank for open account. Can I pay with bank account directly?

Hi Rishma,

In order to purchase Connects, you need to add an acceptable billing method. Please check with your bank for more information on why the charge was declined.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jawadhadi
Community Member

Debit card not working to buy connects. How can i buy connects i am out of connects and i have tried to buy connects from my debit card buy it says authorize your card. I dont know why i have done purchasing online from my debit card before and i works fine. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jawad.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

i am facing the same problem. debit card authorization fails when i try to buy connects.

Hi Mubashar,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I’ve been trying to use my debit card to buy connects but it just won’t work. This is so **edited for Community Guidelines** frustrating. Even my paypal are not working and both have enough balance smh

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arriane, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi. I can't buy connects as well using my debit card. It has sufficient balance and I have used it to pay my other bills but still it won't let me use it to buy connects. Please help.

Hi Jeremy,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I'm trying to buy connects using my debit card but it's not working, I only see a blank window with no new connects showing up. Please help me figure this out. 

Thanks 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diana,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shahji12
Community Member

Hello

i am facing the same issue can't buy connects through my debit card. infact i have transfer my funds through upwork in the same account but i unable to buy connect through my same bank account debit card. i've tried twice but facing same error.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shahzaib,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sir I'm facing the same problem, what should I do? I wanna start earning again here,please help!!

Hi Ramchandramani,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for purchasing connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't buy connects or membership by debit card I have tried lot please help me out of this problem

Hi Shivanand,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My debit card is not working in buying connects. Any help?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths