🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
saad_hashmi1000
Community Member

Hi! 

My payment was declined using my mastercard. Can you tell me what is wrong, is it my card? Thank you!

Hi Saad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
saad_hashmi1000
Community Member

Hi! My payment was declined using my mastercard. Can you tell me what is wrong, is it my card? Thank you!
manpreetmundi123
Community Member

HI, Hope you are doing well. I have my profile on Upwork and try to get projects related with data entry and word press

But here are issues i am facing

1) I did not get my free monthly bids to bid on projects.
2) I tried alote to buy bids by paid $1.50 but that shows me payment gateway failure as I added my paytm account as well debit card.

Please guide me if I am unable to get any projects that upwork can suspend my ID.

please guide me.

Looking for you kind response.
Thanks!!!

Hi Manpreet, 

Please know that we moved to the paid connects system last May 2019. As such, freelancers on the Freelancer Basic Plan will not receive free Connects anymore.

I checked your account and can see that you may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork. In the meantime, please add an alternative billing method in your account to purchase Connects. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
georgepalmer67
Community Member

I tried buying connect but keep getting the message “Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.". I need to buy connects so how can I fix this.

Hi Palmer,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

f41568c5
Community Member

I am facing issue in buying connects. Tried more than 7 debit cards but it doesnot work
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Yash.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for purchasing connects. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sobiyahfarooq
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to buy connects for days but always gettign a message "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your card now. Please try again in a minute." Any help?

Hi Sobiah,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

talalbaloch20
Community Member

Hello, I wanted to buy connects for myself and while I am adding my dabit card to in payment method then I am getting the following error.

"We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your card now. Please try again in a minute."

I get this error 3-4 times and I need to know is this upwork side issue?

or should I contact with my bank?

Thanks,

I use the debit card before and it's works fine contact first with upwork I think the problem from there side

Hi Talal,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shycalzado
Community Member

Hi, 

I just purchased 10 connects and notice that I was deducted $1.03 in my card but no connect adding up in my account. I tried to do it again and was deducted another $1.03 but still no connects. I checked my billing method, it says my card was declined but how come they were able to deduct $2.06 in my card? I'm supposed to have 20 connects by now.

I signed up to Upwork a few years ago but it's been just one week that I am using the platform and very new to all of these process. Can somebody help me please?

Shy

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shiela, 

I checked your account and can confirm that the card you used for purchasing Connects was declined. Kindly check with your local bank for more information on why the card was declined. Please also check the charges that you are referring to with your local bank so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork
malikakhtar001
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying my debit card to add it for billing method but unable to add and receiving the error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I have also check from the issuing bank and band representative said that there is no issue at bank side.

Please advise.

Malik Akhtar

Hi Malik,

I would recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another Billing Method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Thank you for your reply. I have checked with a local bank and its updated from band end for international charges.

Appreciate if you suggest any other solution.

Regards,

Malik Akhtar

Hi Malik,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dacfe70c
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to buy connects but my debit cards getting declined.I have attached the screenshot of the error.Pls resolve this issue fast.

Hi Sam,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

saifullahburki
Community Member

Hi,

I have added Billing Method to buy connects, but i am unable to buy connects because every time it says "Payment was declined". I am using Master Debit Card.

Hi Saifullah,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

esthernyambura14
Community Member

Buying Connects Error. I'm using mastercard and my bank has enabled the payment to go through, so I don't know where the problem is. I'm getting a blank page error. Have a look at the atttachment.

ERROR-CONNECTS.PNG

Hi Esther,

Plese try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to add your billing method. If you`re still experiencing any problems on your end, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The error still exists after I have cleared cookies and cache and I'm using Chrome.

Dear friend,

Hi Esther, 

I'll go ahead and share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
farhansk
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects using my amex debit card. Whenever i try it says "unable to authorize card". What am i doing wrong ?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farhan,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jigneshdabhi
Community Member

Dear Concern,

I need your help. I am just started as a freelancer. I used my all contacts now want to upgrade my membership. But unable to do so because there is only two methods here Paypal or Cradit card or debit card.

I am from India- I updated my bank details at Get Paid option given but not able to pay Upwork.

Is there any option to pay / Membership through Direct Banking or i have to wait only.

I tried Visa (Derbit card)

Still get an issue "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Hi Jignesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,
I have membership, but I want to purchase more connects but it return me "Select the "Add Connects" button to continue." after payment otp.

Please guide

Hi Niraj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and could see that you were able to purchase some Connects recently. Could you please let us know if you still need our assistance? 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members