🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Piyush,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Everytime I got error. No one can reply on that.

Hello sir,
I trying alot with my card. But doesn't work. Is that any other may works.

Hi Piyush,

To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Could you also share the text of the error you`re receiving on your end so that I can check this further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
niranjan212
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects please help Upwork

Hi Niranjan,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. You can also try adding an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a2a533a1
Community Member

Hi, I have been trying to purchase more connects via mastercard, but it is not working it keeps saying "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method".  Also the balance in my bank account is sufficient for this purchase but it still isn't working! I have also tried to update, to clear cache and tried it in another browser. 

I would appreciate your help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tina,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abhikalyan
Community Member

Hey there,

Whenever I make payment for purchasing connects, I receive this reply, "Select the "Add Connects" button to continue."

I have tried thrice, but in vain. Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Please check the attached image for more clarification. I receive this message after making the payment.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abhishek,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with purchasing Connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Bojan,  

The methods suggested by Annelyn didn't resolve my issue. I am missing out on a lot of job opportunities because of not sending proposals.

Please look into this matter!

Thanks,

Abhishek Kalyan

Hi Abhishek,

Please follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have. Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
abhikalyan
Community Member

Hey there,

Whenever I make payment for purchasing connects, I get this reply, "Select the "Add Connects" button to continue." 

I tried thrice but in vain. Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Please check the attached image for more clarification.
61758b4b
Community Member

I am facing same issue, Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page.

Hi Md Soyebur,

Could you please try the following troubleshooting steps?

1. Pop up blocker is off
  2. Have the latest version of Chrome or any of the supported browsers 
If the issue persists, please let us know. 
~ Joanne
Upwork
retoucherwahab
Community Member

Hello, I added a payment method today for buying Upwork connects membership. Hence I don't have a Visa or Master card so I used one of my friend's card for the transaction.But it is declined I also give 2-time identification of me and one of my friends whose card I am using for the payment. Can you please assist me with this?

Hi Abdul,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You'll be able to access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

thank you 🙂

49428b03
Community Member

Is it possible to buy connect from someones else card since I don't have bank acc and I cant do it with paypall? tnx

Hi Stevan,

Yes, you can use someone else's card to purchase Connects so long as you are authorized to use it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mahendra5130
Community Member

Hi,
I am new to Upwork and want to add more "connects" to my profile but not able to add.

I have added my billing method ( local bank Debit Card ) successfully. Follow the process and tries to but connects but after submitting OTP to Upwork, it shows nothing, no new connects added to my profile. 

Please help me,

Thanks

Mahendra

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Hi Mahendra,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mahendra5130
Community Member

Hello, I have added my billing method and tried to buy new connects but it shows me this notification- "Select the "Add Connects" button to continue" I checked, there is no option like this. Please help me. Thanks

Hi Mahendra, 

Once you`ve selected the bundle you would like to purchase you will simply need to click on the green button Buy Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your message, I did it but connects not added.

Hi,

I follow the right procedure and tried to add & buy connects, after submitting OPT ( from the bank ) it redirect to me again on the add connects pages and show the following error.

Hi Mahendra,

Our team has updated your ticket with number 30187224 with additional information and will assist you further directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
theportlandco
Community Member

I have an alert saying my payment method has a problem. I click it and replace my payment method but the error remains. I add a second payment method, it remains. I tried upgrading my account to the premium service, error remains and I can't upgrade. I tried getting support but it blocks me because I'm not premium. Help!

Hi Spencer,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

hi, I'm trying to buy connects.I have added the billing method successfully, but when i am trying to buy connects. The error is appearing 

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later
Kindly help me to figure this out. am trying this from last month October

Hi Aqsa,

I checked, and it looks like your card issuing bank decline the transaction. Please reach out to them to confirm the specific decline error. You may also consider using a different billing method instead. 

To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
farhanchohan92
Community Member

I want to upgrade from Basic Freelancer to Freelancer Plus but my upgrade is unsuccessful. Payment Method has accepted Visa card and card has sufficient amount of balance. But upwork is not able to process payment. Just now, I tested card for international payment by shopping an RC from aliexpress and it worked. Card is accepted there. Now I need upwork to solve this issue for me so I could able to start work. I am stuck.

Screenshot of my RC purchase from aliexpress is attached. 

Hi Farhan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have been waiting for resolution to my problems but no response so far I got.

Hi Farhan Azam,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response in order to assist you further. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
anshupummy
Community Member

Hello! 

I am unable to buy connects. Whenever i try it mention 'we are unable to authorise your card' If you would help me out here I would be Grateful to you. 

thank you. 

Hi Pummy,

Could you please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to purchase Connects by adding another Billing Method? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
muhammad_awais53
Community Member

I have tried many times to add my billing method but unable to add. you can see the message on the attached file. what is the solution to this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths