cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Highlighted
Yadwindra S Member Since: May 20, 2020
1951 of 2,379

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

thats the issue??

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1952 of 2,379

Hi Yadwindra,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. You can also add another billing method to purchase connects. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Yadwindra S Member Since: May 20, 2020
1953 of 2,379
i already contact to my bank but they ask that everything ok from there side means international charges already enabled
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1954 of 2,379

Hi Yadwindra,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Sobiah F Member Since: May 2, 2020
1955 of 2,379

hi, 

I am a newbiw for two months, I am trying to buy  connects every other second day but got the same error message 'we cannot proceed at the time, please try again'. I have confirmed from bank there is no issue from my side. 

When I entered my VISA credit card number, upwork detects  it as mastercard and then error message  comes.

Please help to solve this issue asap.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
1956 of 2,379

All Visa's start with 5, all MasterCards start with 5

You don't need any special software to detect anything other than the first digit.

If the card number is entered correctly, then it should identify it correctly.

BTW, Amex starts with 3 and Discover starts with 6

Highlighted
Sobiah F Member Since: May 2, 2020
1957 of 2,379

he  sccenario is:
I have VISA credit card and   enter correctly but upwork changes th card icon to mastercard.

and then I get the error message. 

What should I do?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1958 of 2,379

Hi Sobiah,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Tushar D Member Since: Jun 22, 2020
1959 of 2,379

Hey, 

I am facing issue to buy connects using a debit card and it saying that billing method issue.

please help me with this.

thank you

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1960 of 2,379

Hi Tushar,

Could you please share the error you`re receiving on your end? I would also suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS