🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

There might be some issue with your Visa card, better confirm if online payments are working or not.

Talha Riaz

I have submitted tax info form.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nadia, 

I checked your account and can see that all the cards rejected the transaction on Upwork. Please check this with your bank so that you can use your credit/debit card on Upwork moving forward. 

In the meantime, you may add other billing method options that are available to you in your location.

~ Avery
Upwork
sreekeshnp
Community Member

Hey everyone,

From last few days, I am trying to add my visa debit card in the billing method and every time I see this error, we are unable to authorize the card. I am entering the right detail also I contacted my bank, they say from our side there is no issue. I added another visa card, with this card, no error comes.

I want to add my own debit card. Kindly give me the right information, how can I overcome this

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi sir,
Iam from kerala

My name is different on upwork... no i chaged it as like as bank account
..thank u for ur kind support...

Hi SREEKESH,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
59930aaa
Community Member

I've made several attempts to buy connects but the windows goes and stays blank when I enter my CC info and submit. I've checked with my bank and the transactions have not been processed. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
59930aaa
Community Member

I was able to buy the connects after adding and saving a payment method. Thank you!

nujlef
Community Member

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank". I have a bank account in "Get Paid" and already withdraw using the bank account and it was success. But there is an error message when I buy connects using the same bank account. I need help so I can start working. Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Feljun, 

I would like to confirm that withdrawing your Upwork earnings, and using it as a billing method are two different financial processes. And upon checking your account, I can see that the bank rejected the transaction. I would definitely recommend that you contact your issuing bank for more information about why the transaction was rejected. In the meantime, you can use a different credit/debit card to purchase connects. 

~ Avery
Upwork
threehundredsixt
Community Member

I have added two payment methods and still cant purchase connects. I do have a message also stating financial transactions limited but Cant find how to correct any issues?

Hi Jeremy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
janranin32
Community Member

Please help me with my problem. I cant buy connects the issue is "Your payment could not be processed Please choose an alternate"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan Ranin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with connects purchasing. 

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sivasakthi-thang
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community, I'm new to Upwork. 

I've sent my free connects to client's job postings. Now I'd love to upgrade my membership to Plus. But I can't able to add my card details. I have a Mastercard(Debit) and also have PayPal. I tried 2 different ways to add my billing method. But no one works. Please let me know your thoughts to clear this issue. Is Credit card mandatory to add billing methods?

Hello Mate,

Please contact Upwork team so they can charge from your card and verify it.

If the charge gets declined, please double-check this with your bank so that we can verify your bank account. Thank you!

Hi Sivasakthi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ibrahim-ak
Community Member

I'm trying to buy some connects(Basic free plan) but it always gives Payment was declined. I'm getting an sms from my bank saying it accepts 0 USD from upwork when I add the payment method but each time I try to buy i get the error. The card has the needed amount and more.

Hi Ibrahim,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hamzabutt230
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects, every time I am going to pay through visa card my account was declined and 1$ deducted. This is the second time my visa card declined.

Hi Ameer,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
karoda_manoj
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Manoj, 

It looks like your bank has rejected the transaction on your account. Kindly check with your bank why the transaction was rejected, and in the meantime, use another billing method to be able to purchase Connects on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

i am not able to buy connect with my upwork account

Hi Manoj, 

Kindly refer to my response on your post last Sunday on this link. 

~ Avery
Upwork
engrnouman85
Community Member

Hello, I was looking to purchase the connects bidding purpose. But error was coming that "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later".

Then i message about this problem at this platform.

I received the email fromZendesk that the problem is from the bank and Bank is declining the payment request.

I have thorougly check with my Bank and they are informing me that i am entering the wrong 3 digit security code that is the reason the payment is declining.

But i have rechecked and entered the right security code many times but same eroor is coming.

May be website is fetching the wrong 3 digit security code that is the reason the bank is declining the payment.

Therefore, Upwork is kindly requested to check the system and solve this issue so i may purchase the Connects and starting bids.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
wasim_ch57
Community Member

Hi, I wondering if upwork offers any kind of email or chat support? I'm having issue with my credit card?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wasim, 

Were you trying to add your credit card to be able to purchase connects for your account? I looked into this further and can see that your bank declined the transaction. Please get in touch with your local bank for more information on why the transaction from Upwork was declined. In the meantime, please add an alternative billing method to be able to purchase connects on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
piyush44ios
Community Member

Hello Community!

I am trying to buy connects but I am getting "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." repeatedly. I already tried with multiple cards VISA,Master, etc. Is there anything special needed for Indian cards?

I also tried with paypal but it also gives me same error with "charge failed".

Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank you,

Hi Piyush, 

It looks like you already have an open ticket regarding your concern. A member of the team will reach out to you through your open ticket to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
niccolo2
Community Member

I'm new at upwork and I don't have anymore connects, so I want to buy more but I can't because it says payment was declined.. can anyone tell me what to do? 

-thank you

Hi Nico,

To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one check out this Help Article. One of our team members will also reach out to you via ticket to assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4a632f3c
Community Member

I have no any card. But my friend has a payoneer card. Can I buy Connects with his payoneer card? But his name, address is all different. Will there be a problem in this case?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manik,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, the Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4a632f3c
Community Member

Hello Bojan, 

Can i add billing method on my friends card?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manik,

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ashish_manani
Community Member

Hello!

My payment was declined using my mastercard. Can you tell me what is wrong, is it in my card?

And also using paypal its give me "Charge failed".

What should i do now?.

Thank you!

Hi Ashish,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members