🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
anwarup
Community Member

Hello,

I was trying to buy connects and tried to pay by my VISA credit card but receiving "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." this message all the time. I have communicated with my bank and they said upwork is requesting to debit $0 and that is why my request is declining. Do not know what to do? Plz help.

Regards,

Md A Hasan

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Md Anwarul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
codergaint
Community Member

Hello All,

I'm new to upwork. I was adding my prepaid card and already buy some connect with this. But today when I wanted to upgrade my profile to upwork plus it say's "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." 

For your kind information, I've enough balance on my card (30USD+) and I can purchase connect with this card but can't upgrade my membership plan.

Please help me to upgrade my profile.

Thanks in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MD, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your MasterCard declined this transaction. Please contact your bank to resolve this directly with them. 

In the meantime, please add an alternative billing method to be able to purchase Connects on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
fairyyyyy
Community Member

Hi. I can't buy connects as well using my debit card. It has sufficient balance and I have used it to pay my other bills but still it won't let me use it to buy connects. Please help.

Hello Fariza

i always buying connects with credit card only so you should have to try with it
because by using debit card for international transaction our banks are not allowed to do that

still if you have query you can ask about support of upwork team

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fariza, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your bank has declined the transaction from Upwork. Kindly contact your bank directly to resolve this issue. 

In the meantime, please add an alternative billing method to be able to purchase Connects for your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
muhammadawais111
Community Member

I contacted the bank. Upwork deduct my bank balance but not give any connect.
I received  the messages from my bank, they inform me that upwork withdraw money from my bank account.
Still upwork did not give any connects. 
I need help to buy connects.
Thanks!

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cunninghamj
Community Member

I too am unable to purchase connects. I can enter CC info but it goes nowhere! Please help!!!

Hi Joseph,

Looks like you were able to successfully add your billing method and purchase connects. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
saqibmuneeb
Community Member

I am getting Unable to Verify your Payment Method. Please contact your Bank error.I contacted my Bank & they said that there is no problem & you can pay easily with your card.Please solve my issue as I want to buy connects for working.

Hi Saqib,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
joaoeudes7
Community Member

I'm having trouble buying connecters

Hi Joao,

~ Goran
Upwork
vprenuers85
Community Member

I am having a payment issue while buying more connects. Even though I am adding the correct details. Please help!

Hi Salman,

~ Goran
Upwork

Please Do!

ahsan-tnt
Community Member

I want to buy connects or upgrade my membership plan from basic to plus using my Upwork balance.But it wants my card number.At present I have no card.What can I do? 

Hi Ahsan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects, from your Upwork balance. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kamleshsahu39
Community Member

Hi Team,

I was looking to purchase the Membership plan of the upwork and for that I have added my debit card with all correct details as a Billing method, but while I go for transaction, it get declined. Please suggest a solution for this.
Looking forward for your response.

Thank you

Hi Kamlesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing the Membership plan. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abid_janjua
Community Member

i want to buy connects but my master debit card (issued by my bank in Pakistan), is not working on upwork.

How can i buy connects now?

error says "your card number is invalid"

i'm using that card to buy things online but no issue at other sites.

why upwork is not supporting mastercard??? 

Hi Abid,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d9n1sh
Community Member

My bank card is not working for buying connections. When i used my card for the first time it was working properly but now its not working. i have removed it to add it again but still its not working and showing error of the card is invalid.

i am still trying to buy connections.
My card number and code is correct.
any solutions?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danish,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kodealpha
Community Member

Hi There,

I hope your doing well. I am facing a problem when I try to purchase upwork membership. I don't why this bellow message comes. My card is working fine on other channels. Please help to solve this query.
Thank for yor time. 

Card number.png

Hi Kode,

I shared your concern with the rest of the team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Freelancer Plus membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fatimaniazi
Community Member

I can't buy connects as my earnings are zero and my card don't support intl transactions.

Hi Fatima,

~ Goran
Upwork
shanif1
Community Member

Hello There,

I'm not able to buy connects from my upwork account, when transacting with PayPal the transaction fails, and when adding debit card as payment method the card gets declined.

Please Help!

Thanks & Regards

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shanif,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
arsalsaleemsnl
Community Member

Did your issue get resolved

blulinevfx
Community Member

Hello!

I recently added my debit card buying a connects but it's showing the payment was declined.

Why? what happens?

Please help me 

Hi Gunasekaran,

~ Goran
Upwork
mia-lancer
Community Member

Hello,

I want to add my Billing method through Visa.. but I get payment was declined message. Why? I updated it several times. but didn't work for me. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Regards

M. Imran.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hamza_zafeer
Community Member

i am ran out of connects. my visa debit card is not accepting by upwork which is on my name.

Can i use someone else card for buying connects?

Hi Hamza,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. You can use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mnadeemshahid
Community Member

I need to purchase connects and I have added my credit card as primary billing method but I am getting "Payment was declined" against it. Also, I am not able to add other credit card. What to do now? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths